X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diagnosed today

So unfortunately I join your ranks today , felt a firmness in one ball over the other and finally worked up the balls (phrasing) to get a sonogram withhin about ten minutes my doctor called me to come in for blood work then off to the urologist where he scheduled surgery for Monday .... needless to say it's been a helluv a day I've got a ct scan on the 7th to see if it has spread but I guess I'm wondering are there any physical signs to see if it has spread or not or am I just going to drive myself insane trying to self diagnose which stage it might be , also what is the recovery time from say pain to sex ect , what's libido like post orchiectomy and finally is a prosthetic worth it ....idk there's is a lot going on and it seems to be all at once but such is life oddly me reading this forum the last few weeks kinda put me at peace with losing my ball but now the concern is what if it's not just that ...

Sorry to welcome you here, Jg789! The good news is that in almost any scenario, you will be cured and hopefully you won't have to deal with any other treatment! Orchiectomy has been pretty good for me, quick recovery time, no change in sex or libido at all, you're probably good to go for it in about a week or so. I didn't go for prosthetic and I don't really notice it, and my wife is not bothered, says there's no difference. Hope it helps
    July 2016 - Left I/O
    December 2016 - BEPx3
    All clear for 1 year!

My Testicular Cancer Support Kit
    First Oncologist Visit Checklist
    3 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Chemo
    3 Reasons Why People Disappear From Your Life During Cancer
    Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

Thanks for the reply and yeah strangely I'm not as worried as I feel like I should be but it is mostly from reading everyone else's stories yeah hopefully I'm in and out Monday and additional scans say it was contained but we will see ... One thing I've gathered from all of this is how broken and inefficient this medical system is here ... Having to deal with insurance right now is brutal

Comment

Just curious what does it feel like to have back pain and shortness of breath associated with tc bc ever since they told me I feel like I feel every symptom they described all at once but I can't differentiate between my mind playing tricks or actual symptoms also I sit down all day for work and have had back pain always so I can't tell if it is TC related or just normal wear and tear

Comment

Unfortunately, the mind does play tricks on you - especially as you get closer to any test result... Shortness of breath is most likely due to stress and the craziness of it all. Either way, you will be more settled once you get the results. It helped me draw out a map of likely outcomes when you are waiting and have a likelihood and an action plan for each case.
          July 2016 - Left I/O
          December 2016 - BEPx3
          All clear for 1 year!

My Testicular Cancer Support Kit
          First Oncologist Visit Checklist
          3 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Chemo
          3 Reasons Why People Disappear From Your Life During Cancer
          Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

I get back pain pretty much every week before my checkups. And then I get a clear bill of health. Chances are better that it is A) true pain but not TC related, or B) it is psychosomatic.
            6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
            6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
            7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
            7/13/15 - 9/18/15: 4xEP
            10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
            10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
            4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
            4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
            9/27/2018 all clears up to this date!

Comment

Sorry you are dealing with this dx. As others have said back pain is often mentioned and rarely TC related.
              Son Grant
              dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
              Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
              2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
              Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Yeah just hoping the surgery goes well tomorrow and the scans come back clean and I find out I caught it early enough, the no tumor markers I'm hoping means I caught it early enough but yeah I'm def in my head with regards to symptoms that and a ton of stress my new job essentially didn't believe me which was a d move on their part , plus I just started grad school, CFA 3 in june , tc just isn't about life schedules I suppose

Comment

"2.8cm solid mass consistent with malignancy" so coming out tomorrow , blood test all negative, and CT abdominal, chest And pelvic with contrast all slated for the 8th we will see hoping this was caught early enough to avoid anything more than the surgery

Comment

The Orchietcomy will tell what kind of TC and how involved within the testicle. So your 1st CT was not contrast? Good luck.
                    Son Grant
                    dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
                    Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Update so surgery was June 4 , pathology came back 2.4 cm seminoma, blood markers showed no tumor markers and CT scan was clean. What is the likelihood of me being able to avoid chemo and simple monitor to make sure it is actually gone or is that wishful thinking?

Comment

No a medical professional, and not familiar with Seminoma as much as nonseminoma. I think you might be a candidate for surveillance. Keep us updated.
                        Son Grant
                        dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3

Comment

Stage 1A , preferred treatment is surveillance , will have another CT with contrast every 3-6 months, my blood work post orchiectomy was normal minus creanine levels being elevated but it turns out barium, bactrim sulfate, adderall, dehydration, and advil all raise that number..... to have been told prior would have been nice now I have another blood and urine analysis next week and hopefully laying off will help. Has anyone had a pain that almost felt like a pinching under their scrotum post orchiectomy?

Comment

Working...
                          X