Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While there is absolutely nothing wrong with seeking a second opinion from an expert doctor, your previous posts seemed to indicate you were reluctant to do 4x over 3x, maybe I read them wrong. Please do contact Doc E, but do not be surprised if he says 4X is what is needed. I will be surprised if he does not.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Dr. Einhorn has confirmed BEP x 4 is the correct treatment and confirmed I am on the lighter side of an intermediate prognosis. I am almost finished with my first day of chemotherapy.

Comment

I am glad to hear that you reached out to Dr. Einhorn and that he agreed with BEPx4. If you are at Roswell park and seeing Dr. Ellis Levine, then you may want to know that he is one of the authors of the NCCN Guidelines, if that helps give you peace of mind at all.

Mike
        Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
        06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
        06.26.06 Left I/O
        06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
        06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
        Surveillance...
        Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
        6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Yes, Dr. Levine is my oncologist and it definitely helps with peace of mind. After my communication with Dr. Einhorn earlier, I didnt think I could be anymore at ease about BEP x 4. Glad I was wrong about that!

Thank you Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanersnail4 View Post
            Yes, Dr. Levine is my oncologist and it definitely helps with peace of mind. After my communication with Dr. Einhorn earlier, I didnt think I could be anymore at ease about BEP x 4. Glad I was wrong about that!

Thank you Mike.

Excellent. I am glad that you are seeing Dr. Levine and I am sure if there are any issues that he wouldn't hesitate to reach out to Dr. Einhorn and others to discuss things. I may be wrong as I have never personally met him but given his involvement in the disease I am assuming he would.

All the best.

Mike
            Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
            06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
            06.26.06 Left I/O
            06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
            06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
            Surveillance...
            Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
            6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

I was the same way when receiving my diagnosis and treatment recommendations, questioning everything and everyone. Sounds like you are in very good hands and BEPx4 is the right course of action.

Today's the half-way mark of my BEPx3 treatment. It hasn't been too bad so far outside of a little nausea (take your anti-nausea meds!) and one bleo-induced fever last week. Best of luck with your treatment!
              04/27/18 Left I/O; mixed non-seminoma; 70% EC, 20% Seminoma, 10% Teratoma; b-HCG 10
              05/03/18 CT Scan, Chest X-Ray; b-HCG 4
              05/10/18 Stage IIB with one lymph node 2.1x1.4cm
              05/14/18 b-HCG ~0
              06/04/18 Start BEPx3
              07/31/18 Last dose of bleo
              08/14/18 Follow-up CT Scan
              08/16/18 Surveillance

Comment

Originally posted by jcs View Post
                I was the same way when receiving my diagnosis and treatment recommendations, questioning everything and everyone. Sounds like you are in very good hands and BEPx4 is the right course of action.

Today's the half-way mark of my BEPx3 treatment. It hasn't been too bad so far outside of a little nausea (take your anti-nausea meds!) and one bleo-induced fever last week. Best of luck with your treatment!
                Yes, I figured BEP x 4 was the correct but I like to be absolutely certain.

Good luck on the second half, I have one day left for cycle ones long week. Being inpatient and I believe constantly being hyrdrated through my IV is really helping.

Comment

Quick update:

HCG is now 11
                  AFP 3

Halfway thru my third of four long weeks. Light at the end of the tunnel keeps getting brighter !!

Comment

Love seeing those markers plummet!
                    3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 11/16/17 All Clear! AFP continues to drop! 3/19/18 All clear!

Comment

Working...
                    X