Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hello!
    I’ve been reading the forums on this site for months and have finally decided to join. My live in boyfriend of two years was diagnosed with TC in November. We have gone through his last I/O, 3 cycles of T.I.P. chemo, and are 3 weeks post-op RPLND. It’s exhausting and I’m ready for it to all be over. He has a few enlarged lymph nodes in his chest that we will monitor to see if they need to be taken out. Right now he is on a fat free diet due to the RPLND. Is anyone familiar with RPLND and the fat free diet? It’s reallt hard on him and he’s lost a lot of weight.

There is a difference between fat free and zero fat diet. I tried doing zero fat diet after my rplnd that lasted a couple of weeks and switched to a fat free"very little fat". I know that may sound weird but there is a difference in the 2. Try to have him stick to fruits and veggies as much as possible. I have managed to stick with a very healthy diet since my rplnd. Do i slip every know and then sure. But i dont eat red meat anymore, i eat alot of fresh veggies and fruit. For me the trick was making the food myself. I coule not tell you when the last time i went out to dinner was or lunch.
    Again stick to fruits and veggies and if he has to have meat, fish works.
    Also to point out the obvious, if he is gonna have fat make sure its the healthy kindof fat. It does get better, just needs more time for his system to adjust.
    Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
    Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
    Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
    Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
    April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
    May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
    August 7th 2012- BEP complete
    April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
    May 2013 RPLND
    Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
    Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
    Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
    Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
    Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

Working...
    X