X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have brain tumors?

Just curious how many have had brain tumor involvement. I know Lance Armstrong did. My husband never had a scan of the brain. He has finished 3xbep. We're at the good part. The home stretch of things looking good. But I'm haunted by worries sometimes. I noticed within this year. And this year he was diagnosed. Noticed before that his eyelid looked droopy or puffy. Before him being diagnosed with TC I did worry some about it just because it was different but never said anything to him. Well we were taking a selfie tonight and he noticed it. So then I remembered it. I had just gotten kind of used to it. And then the TC diagnosis came and I kinda didnt think about it. But now since Googling I'm concerned maybe he has a brain tumor. His case was different only affecting his chest and neck nodes. So everything was upper quadrant. Just wondering if this could be a likely cause of it. We see the doctor in two weeks for regular check up and I will address it. But just curious in the mean time.

Without knowing what stage he was. As a general rule of thumb. Late stage metastatic cancer can spread to other organs including the brain. So i highly doubt the condition you are talking about is related. Googling is not your friend when it comes to dieases. If you feel that worried or compeled to concern, do not wait 2 weeks but call the doctor first thing monday morning. Thay way you can put that fear to rest.
    Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
    Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
    Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
    Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
    April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
    May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
    August 7th 2012- BEP complete
    April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
    May 2013 RPLND
    Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
    Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
    Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
    Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
    Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

It was late stage. It had spread to his supraclavicluar node and chest. He had no abdomen involvement. I did later read on Google that it rarely spreads to brain and it is normally choriocarcinoma that does. So hopefully we're not dealing with anything serious.

Well heck I Googled after this about embryonal and low and behold said it could spread there. That it and choriocarcinoma would. His was embryonal.

Still hoping and praying it is nothing of concern. Our original doctor wanted a brain scan before we found the burned out testicular tumor. Because we didn't know exactly what we were dealing with. But the next doctor at MD...the finest of places said there was no need for one. Wish I'd have had my gatherings to remember the eyelid.

Comment

I'm confused, how many rounds of BEP did your husband have? I saw 3, so 3 rounds? I would email Dr. Lawrence Einhorn if you have not already, since he had a burned out testicle. leinhorn@iu.edu
        Son Grant
        dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
        Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
        2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
        Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

He completed 3 entire rounds of BEP. I actually emailed Dr. Einhorn once and I feel like I'm the only one he never emailed back.

Comment

Working...
          X