• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlexanderSydney
    • Nov 2018

5 years on - some thoughts

Hi guys

I’ve lurked on here in the past but never posted. I wanted to basically say that there is an end to what happens in most cases. However, for me the initial treatment and stuff, while significant without a doubt an entirely life changing – a lot of my challenges came after treatment was done.
    In terms of health and psychology it took me a while to catch my stride and I went through a lot of program, diets and other stuff to try and get healthy again. Trying to balance hormones and fertility…energy…trying to build myself back up was pretty difficult. Managing relationships and everything really was extremely difficult.
    So when I got the all clear recently I was reminded of everything I’ve been through in that 5 years since. It was a crazy feeling and no doubt most of you will also go through this experience at some point also.

I just wanted to say there will be struggles and there will be things you need to face to build yourselves back up again but its possible to come out stronger.
    I really believe that wasn’t doesn’t kill us makes us stronger and the growth is equivalent to the degree of pain we experience.
    So, let me share what I was. I was overweight, extremely stressed, insecure and not up to scratch in terms of personal development. I was tired all the time. I was in a job I didn’t like and then I got sick just like you fellas.
    Now 5 years later, I’m the fittest I’ve ever been, I have a good body, I’m extremely healthy, I healed relationships or cut out the ones that were no good. I got a new job that I think is better.

However most exciting is I’ve just created a new business focusing on men’s health, trying to focus on men who have been through serious health issues and try to help them with some fundamental building blocks in getting better quicker than I did.
    It wasn’t all smooth sailing. It was very hard at points. But plan, create goals and focus on your own growth. Be stoic in the face on poor fate. Things will happen, but you will meet the challenge with your personal strength. There will be set backs, but you will simply unemotionally meet these challenges and recalculate your trajectory.
    Stay strong guys. You WILL get there.

Alexander

• Ryan Bi
    • Jul 2018

Hi Alexsander,

I am very happy to read your post, thanking for your sharing, it will be a good example for my son. I hope he can read this and can think deeper with his life after treatment, also I hope he understands the way to ged rid of cancer will be not easy, but possible!

I wish you a new and bright future!

BRs

Amy, Ryan’s mum
    Son Ran, 24 years old, 25th May 2018 diagnosed NSGCT. 28th May 2018 right orchiectomy. Pathology:50% EC, 30% Teratoma,20% Yolk sac. CTs: 1 retroperitoneal lymph node 0.7mm Tumor markers: AFP 497, bhcg 19, LDH normal Normalized after R/O. Stage 1, surveillance 17th September 2018, Bhcg elevated up to 5.6 AFP and LDH normal, CT stable. 4th November bhcg up to 28, AFP and LDH normal. BEPx3 started and 2nd January 2019 BEP finished with Tumor markers normalized. 13th February 2019 CT scan showed 1 retroperitoneal lymph node enlarged up to 1.1 cm with normal tumor markers. RPLND : 03/14 2019@IU Dr.Cary Pathology report: one lymph node from 57 is Teretoma .Back to surveillance 05/02/19 Blood work all normal

08/23/2019 Bloodwork, Abdomen CT and Chest X-ray all normal

Comment

• AlexanderSydney
      • Nov 2018

Hi Amy,

I'm happy to have a chat with Ryan anytime if he'd find it useful. Just to show there's another side to this.

The website and Facebook page I've just started has a whole lot of free info and the intention is I want to focus on helping guys who are recovering or in the middle of something. I'll have tonnes of free health support or psychological support for anyone interested.

It's building slowly, however soon I'll be starting a support group for guys who have had health issues and to build a tribe around it all.

so the offer's there.

Comment

• Ryan Bi
        • Jul 2018

Many thanks for your kindly offers.

I have passed your offers to my son, when he will, he will contact you.

Have a nice day.

BRs

Amy, Ryan’s mum
        Son Ran, 24 years old, 25th May 2018 diagnosed NSGCT. 28th May 2018 right orchiectomy. Pathology:50% EC, 30% Teratoma,20% Yolk sac. CTs: 1 retroperitoneal lymph node 0.7mm Tumor markers: AFP 497, bhcg 19, LDH normal Normalized after R/O. Stage 1, surveillance 17th September 2018, Bhcg elevated up to 5.6 AFP and LDH normal, CT stable. 4th November bhcg up to 28, AFP and LDH normal. BEPx3 started and 2nd January 2019 BEP finished with Tumor markers normalized. 13th February 2019 CT scan showed 1 retroperitoneal lymph node enlarged up to 1.1 cm with normal tumor markers. RPLND : 03/14 2019@IU Dr.Cary Pathology report: one lymph node from 57 is Teretoma .Back to surveillance 05/02/19 Blood work all normal

08/23/2019 Bloodwork, Abdomen CT and Chest X-ray all normal

Comment

Working...
        X