Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small unidentifed mass 1year on after chemo

Hi everyone ,

This forum has helped me so much over the past 2 years and thank everyone for sharing their stories.

My partner was diagnosed with nonseminoma in june 2017 when our litlle boy was just 3 weeks old. He was 32 at the time. He had surgery and 1x round of bep and it was determined is was stage 1 and hadnt spread to the lymphnodes.

3 months ago was a year since he completed chemo and we were so excited to go in to his check up and get told all is fine see you in another 6 months but... they said a very small unidentified mass in his abdomen has appeared on this ct scan .

All his bloods were good , chest xrays and lymphnodes were all good , he feels good in general. So we are now going back next week as they changed his scans back from 6 months to 3 months to get these new scan results.

He also just had a colonoscopy 4 months which was all clear.

We are just really anxious. Has anyone else had anything like this. The oncologist was positive and didnt think it would be anything but it wasnt our usual oncologist.

We were meant to see his oncologist this thursday but got a letter in the mail saying they had to push his appointment back 1 week.

Thanks so much for listening , trying to no stress but im am extremely anxious at the moment.
    Last edited by Emj; 12-04-18, 01:08 AM.

Don’t be too worried. Conlonscopy can cause related lymph nodes enlarged. Smaller than 1cm won’t be dangerous. Keep eyes closely on it.

BRs
    Amy, Ryan’s mum

Comment

Thanks Amy . Hope ryan is going ok. Its very hard to watch someone you love so dearly going through this. I will keep ypu updated .

Comment

Working...
      X