X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Joe,

My son had only elevated bhcg. Er found out the Enlarged lymph node after BEPx3 one month later CTs. We visited Dr. Thomson at Mayo. He is nice Dr. I asked him how many RPLND were operated per year in Mayo, he told me , in total about two hundreds, and most patient were kidney cancer patient. That was the main reason I wanted to do RPLND at IU. I highly recommend you to do RPLND at IU when you really needed. My son had almost everything totally recovered.

The pain mostly is low likelihood related to TC as Dave said. Since three months my son had strong back pain, he has to stop basketball playing for two months now. But it was really a bone island after bone scan check. I know how you feel and how anxiety you have.

I think we have to deal with our mental problem harder than we think. TC is really a treatable disease. With stage 1, you should not worry too much in advance till you need. 90% the thinking is unnecessary. Because personally I am suffering the same.

I will be glad if I can give you any help!

Best wishes to you!

Amy, Ran’s mom
    Son Ran, 24 years old, 25th May 2018 diagnosed NSGCT. 28th May 2018 right orchiectomy. Pathology:50% EC, 30% Teratoma,20% Yolk sac. CTs: 1 retroperitoneal lymph node 0.7mm Tumor markers: AFP 497, bhcg 19, LDH normal Normalized after R/O. Stage 1, surveillance 17th September 2018, Bhcg elevated up to 5.6 AFP and LDH normal, CT stable. 4th November bhcg up to 28, AFP and LDH normal. BEPx3 started and 2nd January 2019 BEP finished with Tumor markers normalized. 13th February 2019 CT scan showed 1 retroperitoneal lymph node enlarged up to 1.1 cm with normal tumor markers. RPLND : 03/14 2019@IU Dr.Cary Pathology report: one lymph node from 57 is Teretoma .Back to surveillance 05/02/19 Blood work all normal

08/23/2019 Bloodwork, Abdomen CT and Chest X-ray all normal

Comment

Working...
    X