X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is still the BEST place to get TC Support

Even in a world that's dominated by social media, the good ol TC forum is still the best place to get support for testicular cancer in my view.

There's anonymity if you want it. Trolls and spammers don't target small web forums like these. The signature feature gives you the ability to present a clear history of your case, which allows others to help guide you accurately. Also, dedicated threads that bump straight to the top when you update, so no need to create a dozen different new threads for all of the updates as on social media, which ends up just being a mess. Your entire TC journey from start to finish can be all in one thread with a clear history presented to all, without having to search around.

I've found social media and especially some of the Facebook groups to be incredibly frustrating. I've also seen some very dangerous misinformation on them when people who don't really know what they're talking about give inappropriate advice to people without knowing their case history, which is much more easily presented on a forum like this. There's also been situations where people with very similar sounding names have completely different TC cases, and people confusing the two.

Anyways, thanks to Mike for keeping this place running over the years. It continues to be an invaluable resource to the TC community.

Thanks Mike!
    Young Adult Cancer Survivorship by Steve Pake
    April is Testicular Cancer Awareness Month!
    www.stevepake.com
    Feb 2011, Stage IIB, 4xEP, RPLND, PTSD
    My Survivorship Thread | All of my Blogs
    C
    ONTACT ME ANYTIME!

Fully agree!
    I always got helps when I posted questions!

But how to set up signature? I tried in profile, but couldn’t make it.

Best Regards

Amy, Ryan’s mum
    Son Ran, 24 years old, 25th May 2018 diagnosed NSGCT. 28th May 2018 right orchiectomy. Pathology:50% EC, 30% Teratoma,20% Yolk sac. CTs: 1 retroperitoneal lymph node 0.7mm Tumor markers: AFP 497, bhcg 19, LDH normal Normalized after R/O. Stage 1, surveillance 17th September 2018, Bhcg elevated up to 5.6 AFP and LDH normal, CT stable. 4th November bhcg up to 28, AFP and LDH normal. BEPx3 started and 2nd January 2019 BEP finished with Tumor markers normalized. 13th February 2019 CT scan showed 1 retroperitoneal lymph node enlarged up to 1.1 cm with normal tumor markers. RPLND : 03/14 2019@IU Dr.Cary Pathology report: one lymph node from 57 is Teretoma .Back to surveillance

Comment

I agree 100%.

When I was going through treatment, searching and looking at historical stuff here was very helpful. That is nearly impossible on social media type sites.
      6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
      6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
      7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
      7/13/15: begin 4xEP, end 9/18/15
      10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
      10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
      4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
      4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
      4/15/19: all clears up to this date!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Bi View Post
        Fully agree!
        I always got helps when I posted questions!

But how to set up signature? I tried in profile, but couldn’t make it.

Best Regards

Amy, Ryan’s mum
        Go to where you see your username at the top right, click on it, go to User Settings, and then Account, and then if you scroll down you'll see a link to Edit Post Signature.

Best to do this from a desktop computer if possible.
        Young Adult Cancer Survivorship by Steve Pake
        April is Testicular Cancer Awareness Month!
        www.stevepake.com
        Feb 2011, Stage IIB, 4xEP, RPLND, PTSD
        My Survivorship Thread | All of my Blogs
        C
        ONTACT ME ANYTIME!

Comment

Working...
        X