Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction / First Post

Greetings!

To paraphrase an old Groucho Marx joke, “I wouldn’t want to be a part of any club that would have me as a member.” Regretfully for me, I am a new member of this fraternity.

A few weeks ago a urologist confirmed that I had a tumor in my testicle. Last week I had an orchiectomy, and I am now recovering fairly quickly.

A little more about me: I’m 40, no kids, not married and prior to this I was fortunate enough to have not experienced any major medical issues. This has been so much to take in and I’ve had so many emotions that it’s almost overwhelming - though I suppose that happens to everyone?

I will probably have many questions once I have a full pathology report. But for now I wanted to say hello and to thank the members and admins for contributing and maintaining this community – I’ve been learning as much as I can about TC and this is really an excellent source of information. I also appreciate the anonymous nature of a message board – in the age of social media this is refreshing!

Hi equinox, sorry to hear your news!!

I remember this time well - it's scary, confusing and it's all too much...

But you'll get through it and it will get better!!
    July 2016 - Left I/O
    December 2016 - BEPx3
    All clear for 2 years now!

My Testicular Cancer Support Kit
    First Oncologist Visit Checklist
    3 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Chemo
    3 Reasons Why People Disappear From Your Life During Cancer
    Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

Welcome to the forum on one wants to join, equinox.

Fee free to ask any. questions you might have, we will do our best to provide answers.

DAve
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
      X