X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BryanTx
    • May 2019

New guy wanting to say hello.

Hello, I was recently diagnosed with Testicular cancer and had a Orchiectomy of the right testicle May 1st. I am glad I found this forum as I am a little freaked out about all this and being able to read about peoples experiences and collaborate with others is helping to bring my anxiety level down. I am 48 years old and Father of 1 and generally pretty healthy guy. My Father had prostrate cancer and Mother had breast cancer so I am pretty adamant about keeping any eye on myself.

Here is my timeline of events to put into prospective on why my head is still spinning from all this. I started feeling a dull ache in my scrotum are about 2 months ago so May 25th is when I went to see my Primary Physician April 25th and this was the beginning of all the festivities to come.

April 25th- Went to primary care physician
    April 29th- Scheduled Ultra Sound
    April 29th Received a call after ultrasound from my Dr. that I needed to meet with a Urologist the following day.
    April 30th- Met with Urologist and he explained what was found and that it needed to come out ASAP
    Labs- AFP and LDH normal, HCG slightly elevated
    May 1st- Surgery

Post OP Pathology reports a 6 cm Seminoma tumor was removed and is isolated to the Testicle with no evidence of it spreading Stage1A

A month later labs are back to normal and I have decided to go the observation route after meeting with the Oncologist. Still in some pain in the area I would guess due to muscles and nerves being cut during surgery, only time will tell. All I know is my head is spinning with all this and I am trying to make sense of it.

• Davepet
    • Mar 2010

Welcome o the forum, Bryan. Sounds like you are on the right path for now, & things look good for you to be cured at this point. Good luck & keep us posted of any new developments.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• JoeTheAstronaut
      • Dec 2016

Hey Bryan, it is crazy and it takes time to try and make sense of it all - especially to yourself... Hang in there, you're in the right place here!! Good on you for staying on top of it. Did you have your CT scans done?
      July 2016 - Left I/O
      December 2016 - BEPx3
      All clear for 2.5 years now + new baby!

Simplify Cancer: Man's Guide to Navigating the Everyday Reality of Cancer
      My Testicular Cancer Support Kit
      First Oncologist Visit Checklist
      Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

• BryanTx
        • May 2019

Hello Joe thank you for the reply. Yes all scans, x-ray and bloodwork was taken a week or so after surgery and were normal.

Comment

Working...
        X