X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MTS1994
    • Jul 2017

Slightly elevated Eosinophilia

Hello! It’s been a while since I’ve posted here. I have my 5 year post chemo check up here in a few weeks (All tumor markers are normal) and noticed one of my routine blood test showed my Absolute Eosinophilia blood test was slightly elevated. My oncologist noted it was slightly elevated as well at my last checkup up 6 months ago and also while I was going through chemo. Now that is still im high I’m starting to become very concerned with what this means for me. Should I call him and see if I should speed up this appointment or if anyone could provide some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

if it helps, Currently 27 years old. I was stage 2A mixed germ cell, with a slightly elevated lymph node - 1.4 CM prior to chemo. No additional treatment since then.
  • Mike
    Administrator
    • Apr 2008

I'm not sure how high your levels are but it sounds like the oncologist was aware of them. Eosiniophils can be elevated for numerous reasons, allergies, for example. I personally wouldn't be too concerned but would discuss it with my doctor and not sure how urgent the need would be given they have been elevated for months.

Mike
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

• MTS1994
      • Jul 2017

Thanks for the response Mike. I hope you’re doing well, you were also there to answer my questions back when I was diagnosed in 2017. My current level is at 0.7 x10E3/uL, the same it was 6 months ago, with the normal range being listed at 0.0 - 0.4 x10E3/uL

Comment

• Mike
        Administrator
        • Apr 2008

Doing well and hope the same for you. So your levels are mildly elevated and would be considered moderate at 1.5 and severe at 5.0 (just to give you perspective). I would ask my doctor but I am not sure I would be overly concerned at this point.

Mike
        06.26.06 Left I/O
        06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
        Surveillance...

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

• Harxxony
          • Aug 2018

Originally posted by MTS1994 View Post
          Hello! It’s been a while since I’ve posted here. I have my 5 year post chemo check up here in a few weeks (All tumor markers are normal) and noticed one of my routine blood test showed my Absolute Eosinophilia blood test was slightly elevated. My oncologist noted it was slightly elevated as well at my last checkup up 6 months ago and also while I was going through chemo. Now that is still im high I’m starting to become very concerned with what this means for me. Should I call him and see if I should speed up this appointment or if anyone could provide some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

if it helps, Currently 27 years old. I was stage 2A mixed germ cell, with a slightly elevated lymph node - 1.4 CM prior to chemo. No additional treatment since then.
          Completely irrelevant. My EO levels were triple than normal for years, long before TC.
          45yo, left I/O 07/30/2018, T1 pure seminoma, surveillance...
          Waiting...

Comment

• SamanthaS
            • Sep 2022

Hi, MTS1994: I don't have any insight on your question, but am curious as to what happened to the 1.4cm lymph node after chemo. My son is in similar situation at the moment. I am happy to see that you did not require any further intervention...which is what we are hoping for.

Comment

• MTS1994
              • Jul 2017

Mike/Harxxony,

Thanks so much for your input. I will be sure to keep this forum updated on what my oncologist says.

Samantha,

That lymph node shrunk under the required 1 CM after I finished treatment. I had my scans about 3 weeks after I finished chemotherapy. Thankfully, the cancer appeared to only get to that one lymph node per my pre chemo scans. Happy to answer any more questions about my journey.

Comment

• SamanthaS
                • Sep 2022

MTS1994: Thank you for your reply. My son's post-chemo CT (done just a few days after the end of chemo) showed a residual node at 1.2cm, so a new CT is ordered for 11/17. Today's blood test revealed that his LDH, which went back to normal on 9/29, is now slightly elevated to 284. And we are anxiously awaiting for the blood test results for AFP and HCG.

Comment

• SamanthaS
                  • Sep 2022

Just wanted to update that my son's other blood tests are normal. Onto the next CT-scan on 11/17.

Comment

• MTS1994
                    • Jul 2017

Update from my appointment - Doctor is not concerned and we will just continue to monitor.

I have now hit the 5 year all clear mark!! I will shift to once a year check ups w/ bloodwork!

Comment

• MTS1994
                      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by SamanthaS View Post
                      Just wanted to update that my son's other blood tests are normal. Onto the next CT-scan on 11/17.
                      Hoping for the best! Please keep us posted!

Comment

• Mike
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2008

Update from my appointment - Doctor is not concerned and we will just continue to monitor.

I have now hit the 5 year all clear mark!! I will shift to once a year check ups w/ bloodwork!
                        Wonderful to hear that there are no worries and a big congratulations on your 5-year mark.

Mike
                        06.26.06 Left I/O
                        Surveillance...

Comment

• SamanthaS
                          • Sep 2022

Congratulations MTS1994! I will keep you posted on the CT results of 11/17, coming up this Thursday.

Comment

• SamanthaS
                            • Sep 2022

Hoping for the best! Please keep us posted!
                            Hi there! I am happy to report that my son's latest CT scan showed visible shrinking of the problematic lymph node and he is declared in remission! Congratulations to you and to my son!

Comment

Working...
                            X