Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

G-CSF

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • G-CSF

    Hi there,

    after my first week of intensive chemo my blood tests have shown that I have declining white blood cell counts from 1300 to 1030 to 930. They gave me GCSF yesterday and count rose to 970 today, but need it to be 1500 before resuming chemo. They are also talking about skipping this week's Bleo treatment. anyone else have these kinds of issues and how did you proceed? thanks.

    George

  • #2
    Contact Dr. Einhorn please. Our doctor was suggested no delay by him. Dr. Einhorn recommend normally that chemo should never be delayed because of low WBC counts.

    BRs
    Son Ran, 24 years old, 25th May 2018 diagnosed NSGCT. 28th May 2018 right orchiectomy. Pathology:50% EC, 30% Teratoma ,20% Yolk sac. CTs: 1 retroperitoneal lymph node 0.7mm Tumor markers: AFP 497, bhcg 19, LDH normal Normalized after R/O. Stage 1, surveillance 17th September 2018, Bhcg elevated up to 5.6 AFP and LDH normal, CT stable. 4th November bhcg up to 28, AFP and LDH normal. BEPx3 started and 2nd January 2019 BEP finished with Tumor markers normalized. 13th February 2019 CT scan showed 1 retroperitoneal lymph node enlarged up to 1.1 cm with normal tumor markers. RPLND : 03/14 2019@IU Dr.Cary Pathology report: one lymph node from 57 is Teratoma .Back to surveillance 05/02/19 Blood work all normal

    08/23/2019 normal
    12/04/2019 normal.
    04/01/2020 normal.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes, they should never delay chemo on the Bleo only weeks.

      1: Bleo will not further reduce the WBC and ANC counts
      2: During the 3rd week of the cycle your WBC and ANC counts should be rising on their own (with or without a G-CSF)
      3: If you are on a G-CSF, refer back to point #1 .. Bleo never lowers the WBC and ANC counts

      One of my chemo nurses tried to delay my treatments on one cycle and I ended up walking down towards my Onco's office (with the nurse in tow) to press my reasoning for no delay to the treatments. My Onco. agreed not to delay the Bleo, etc.

      - Matt
      March 4th 2014: [AFP = 2.5; bHCG = 6; LDH = 618]
      March 13th: Left IO 100% Classic Seminoma
      6.3 x 5.1 x 3.8 cm, no invasion of anything
      LDH never fully normalized
      Stage: IS
      Watchful Waiting
      May 1st: promoted to Stage IIB with two PET active tumors in the para-aortic lymph nodes 2.5 & 2.4 cm
      May 12th: started 3xBEP
      Neupogen during Cycle 2 and 3
      July 8th: Last Bleo shot of Cycle 3 -- chemo completed !
      August 4th: Post Chemo CT/PET scan
      September 4th: Port removed
      January 2020: 5.5 YEARS ALL CLEAR !

      Comment


      • #4
        It surprises me a bit that they would want to hold chemotherapy due to WBC counts. Germany has some great testis cancer doctors. Perhaps your doctor could ask for a second opinion via: https://www.zm-hodentumor.de/willkommen.html or you could also try reaching out to the German Experts list kept by our friends at the TCRC at: http://thetcrc.org/experts.html

        Mike
        Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
        06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
        06.26.06 Left I/O
        06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
        06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
        Surveillance...
        Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
        6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

        For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

        Comment

        Working...
        X