X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello everyone. I'm so glad to be posting to this forum which was such a great reference when I was diagnosed with stage Ib seminoma in June 2014. I can't imagine how much time and effort it saved me finding answers to the questions I had regarding what, at that time seemed like a scary and mysterious condition even though I came to find that my case was routine and very treatable. As it turns out that experience was valuable preparation for where I am now with recurrent Stage IIIc seminoma.

With my first bout in 2014 I decided to be treated by a local oncologist after a very kind response from Dr. Einhorn and a consult at Columbia. After the orchiectomy I was treated with 1 dose of carboplatin with hopes to put it all behind me. Follow up CT scans and bloodwork were clear.

Now I live closer to NYC and am dealing with a more unusual case with distant metastasis and adrenal and possible liver involvement. I'm awaiting a consult at Memorial Sloan Kettering next week after having the bloodwork, biopsy, CT and PET scans ordered by a local oncologist and all reports back.

Looking forward to hearing from others and sharing what I'm going through!

Brendan
    6-20-2014 - HCG 43 mIU/mL 6-27-2014 - pathology: 3.6 x 3 x 2.3 cm seminoma, classic type 8-15-2014 - 1x carboplatin 1-15-2021 - recurrent seminoma with distant metastasis, HCG normal 2-8-2021 started 4xEP 3-29-2021 switched to 2xEC after 2xEP

I've posted a comment in the other thread you started, since it seems to have more info, it's best if all responses are in one thread.
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Thank you Davepet.

Btw, even though I’ve just joined the forum this week, I did come here often before I was able to post and benefitted greatly from your posts and others in 2014 and now again in 2021.
      6-20-2014 - HCG 43 mIU/mL 6-27-2014 - pathology: 3.6 x 3 x 2.3 cm seminoma, classic type 8-15-2014 - 1x carboplatin 1-15-2021 - recurrent seminoma with distant metastasis, HCG normal 2-8-2021 started 4xEP 3-29-2021 switched to 2xEC after 2xEP

Comment

Glad you find it helpful.
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
        X