Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ı introduce myself

Hello everyone
    First of all I would like to say thank you so much to all members of forum. I read many things and you are sharing so useful things. I am so appreciate.
    I am 26 years old, around a month ago, I was operated on with the diagnosis of right testicular tumor and my right testicle was removed. Tumor markers results are (beta-hgc 0.1), (ldh 138) and (afp 1.82) before operation.

Also accordingly pathology reports;

A pure seminoma of approximately 1 cm was detected in the pathology report. Except for seminoma in sections No other tumor component was observed. There is no tumor tissue in the spermatid cord, epididymis and rete testis. There is no finding to be interpreted in favor of atypia and malignancy.

Computed tomography report (thorax and entire abdomen) was clean 2 weeks after surgery.

Some doctors say that 1 cure of chemotherapy, others say that chemotherapy is unnecessary and radiotherapy should definitely not be used. Some doctors insist that you should go to PET. Also some doc says surveillance should be strongly recommended. I am so confused and uneasy. I would be very grateful if you could guide and shed light on me. I am waiting for your help and reply on how to proceed.

Surveillance, Radiation & a round of carboplatin are all appropriate treatments in your case. I would personally choose surveillance to avoid uneeded treatments since the odds are very good you are cured by the I/O surgery already, but different guys have different feelings about that.

BTW, PET is not a treatment, but a type of scan to check for tumors, some docs prefer PET scans to CT scans, but most experts don 't recommend them.
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
    X