Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

3rd dose of Covid-19 Vaccine?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3rd dose of Covid-19 Vaccine?

    Quick question - I finished Chemo and active surveillance for Stage 2b, Non Seminoma in May with 3xBEP. I already have the two doses of Pfizer in July. My Onco doesn't think I need the booster, and I feel pretty comfortable with waiting. Any thoughts/experience with being recommended getting an additional dose? I am assuming boosters are coming for everyone regardless.

  • #2
    Im a clinical pharmacist and I can't even determine what would be best as the information is all over the place. I guess you could ask your oncologist if they could ask infectious disease for input. It seems it would be based on your level of immunosuppression when you received the vaccinations. I have not seen where they would measure antibodies to determine 3rd doses, etc. so it seems like it is a grey area.

    Memorial Sloan Kettering indicates, since testicular cancer is a solid tumor, then yes for a 3rd dose if chemotherapy was within 6 month: https://www.mskcc.org/coronavirus/th...immune-systems

    Mike

    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

    For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Mike - I reached out to my second opinion Doc at MSKK after reading that. But I agree, its all over the place based on there recommendations.

      Comment


      • #4
        Just an update: Dr. Einhorn agrees with my oncologist, said that not necessarily need to get it now, and if its decided you need it, wait 8 months after dose 2.

        Comment

        Working...
        X