X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 2x survivors stories

After 3 years of no treatment and almost 5 years of AFP being normal my cancer seems to be back as my AFP is elevated to 52.

They don’t see anything on MRI (Brain), CT scan also clear and nothing in ultrasound either.

Going for MRI (groin) in next couple weeks and PET scan hopefully soon as well.

I’ll be honest I’m pretty scared right now. I have two beautiful princesses (daughters) and I need to see them grow old.

Please tell me there’s survivors out there.

Thanks everyone.
    August 2016 - Back Pain Started September to November met with many doctors telling me its muscle pain November 24, 2016 - 29 year old diagnosed with Stage 3 Non-seminoma TC November 25, 2016 - HCG 88.927, AFP 27 144, LD 1002 November 26, 2016 - Left I/O December 01, 2016 - Started round 1 of 4 (BEP) February 21, 2017 - Last Day of Chemo (BEP x 4) April 27, 2017 - RPLND: Pathology Teratoma

Have they evaluated for any kind of liver disease that could elevate the AFP as well?

Wishing you the best and keep us posted.

Mike
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Well, it's too soon to say what is going on right now, but that AFP while high, does not by itself mean cancer is back. Unfortunately waiting for more tests & the results sucks more than treatment. To answer your direct question, yes we have quite a few 2x survivors here, including me.
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
      X