Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get a patient moved from one hospital to another quickly?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get a patient moved from one hospital to another quickly?

My aunt wants to get my uncle moved to Sloan asap but has no idea how you go about getting it done. What are the steps that need to be taken?
    If you look for the truth outside yourself, it gets farther and farther away. ~ Tung-Shan
    If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of. ~ Bruce Lee
    Please sponsor me for the 2011 LiveSTRONG Challenge Philadelphia.
    My Blog

Diagonosed 1988. Left I/O - 3 rounds of chemo
    Relasped 1989. RPLND - 3 rounds HDC - Bone Marrow transplant.
    There is Army Strong, There is Live Strong and then there is me. Crazy Strong

Moving

Depends on where he is now, but usually you need a Dr at Sloan as the contact who would work with his current MD. The hospital (if he is in one now) has a social worker who would work with the Drs and your mother to make the arrangements to have an ambulance move him.
    sigpicJoe
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Son Joe diagnosed 11/10/08 Nonseminoma Stage llB
    2 enlarged abdominal lymph nodes
    Right I/O 11/14/08
    Chemo 3xBEP completed 1/28/08
    lymph node growth during chemo
    RPLND 3/12/09 - tumor and vena cava path now
    adenocarcinoma

Comment

My Dad had a heart attack years ago in upstate NY and was so bad he was in need of a transplant. I was able to get him a transplant expert at Newark Beth Isreal in NJ and once the doc accpeted him as a patient the two hospitals worked to get an ambulance to transport him.
      Retired moderator. Husband, left I/O 16Dec2005, stage I seminoma with elevated b-HCG, no LVI, RTx15 (25Gy). All clear ever since.

Comment

Working...
      X