X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jesse 74
    • May 2011

Help please----

I have discovered today a possible second tumor in my remaining testicle. I have an appt Tuesday with my urologist, this appt was already scheduled as a follow up for the initial cancer. I called the after hours number today and they told me not to be concerned just go and see the doc on Tuesday. if I do have a second tumor what is the success rates? Any help please....
    5-15-11: found mass (left)
    5-16-11: ultra sound
    5-17-11: visit urologist confirmed mass and recommended IO and Blood test were completed on this visit and was later informed they were normal
    5-23-11: Left IO.
    5-26-11: had CT scan completed all clear and then follow up with urologist for pathology report. Diagnosed with classic seminoma stage a.
    July/August 2011 Radiation
    12-28-13: found mass (right)
    01-03-14: ultra sound and appt with urologist confirmed mass
    01-10-14: Right IO
  • Kiwi
    • Jul 2008

Mate - Statically a second TC is fairly low, but then it does happen. Its also common to think that there is another TC after the first.

But you should have it checked out and another Ultra Sound.

If there is a second, the type of TC will govern the treatment options but you would also need to get started on Testosterone Replacement (with TC you will "function" as normal in the sexual way), you might also want to consider Prosthetic Testicle/s if this did not occur the first time.

Get it checked though and see what the results are. Work forward form there.
    >>>>>>>>>
    TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
    TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

• Jesse 74
      • May 2011

Originally posted by Jesse 74 View Post
      I have discovered today a possible second tumor in my remaining testicle. I have an appt Tuesday with my urologist, this appt was already scheduled as a follow up for the initial cancer. I called the after hours number today and they told me not to be concerned just go and see the doc on Tuesday. if I do have a second tumor what is the success rates? Any help please....
      Thank you!! I had the left IO in May 2011 with radiation; stage 1 Seminoma. If there is a second does the success rates decrease?
      5-17-11: visit urologist confirmed mass and recommended IO and Blood test were completed on this visit and was later informed they were normal
      5-26-11: had CT scan completed all clear and then follow up with urologist for pathology report. Diagnosed with classic seminoma stage a.

Comment

• Jesse 74
        • May 2011

Does anyone know if the cure rates are different for a second TC? I am just a nervous wreck waiting....

Comment

• Jesse 74
          • May 2011

Does anyone know if the cure rates are different for a second TC? I am just a nervous wreck waiting....
          My appt is tomorrow with urologist. Don't know what to expect. Has anyone ever heard of a relapse from initial to come back in other testicle? I know I am asking crazy questions but everything is running through my mind right now.if a tumor is confirmed in my remaining testicle would it be a new primary?

Comment

• Kiwi
            • Jul 2008

Mate

A second TC in the other testicle is considered to be a NEW event and not related to the first i.e. the TC 1 does not spread to the second testicle.

If you had seminoma the first time then its probable that a second would be a seminoma too - have a loom here for our stats of members http://www.tc-cancer.com/forum/showt...Find-a-Warrior

If this is a TC then its also likely that this will be at an early stage.

But first things first - see what the doc says and if you need reassurance then insist on an ultra sound. Remember that statistically the chances of a second are low but any concerns should be checked out.

Was not a flash time for me with my second but got through it.

Let us know how you go at the docs.

If by chance it is another TC then of equal importance with the IO is getting onto Testosterone replacement without delay.
            >>>>>>>>>
            TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

• Jesse 74
              • May 2011

Thanks Kiwi!!

I will let everyone know how the dr visit goes tomorrow. Glad to have this forum great info here.

Comment

• Kiwi
                • Jul 2008

Try to get some sleep and relax if possible, hoping its now another TC for you but if it is its not the end of the would and you will get through it and be a stronger person.

Cheers
                >>>>>>>>>

Comment

• Jesse 74
                  • May 2011

Today is the day....appt is at 1:15p...........everything imaginable is running through my mind, not knowing is driving me insane. Will let everyone know what's up after my appt.

Comment

• Jesse 74
                    • May 2011

Update from appt. Urologist thinks it is a cyst, but wants an ultra sound to make sure. Have it Friday morning along with regular x ray (blood work done today part of regular follow up). Then next Wednesday meet with urologist to review everything.

Comment

• Davepet
                      • Mar 2010

The cure rate is no different, it mostly depends on what stage you are at when the second primary is found, from what you've said, sounds like you caught it early, if it is TC. Good luck with your US.

Dave
                      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• Jesse 74
                        • May 2011

Thanks to everyone! Now just waiting, hoping the urologist is correct with his diagnosis. Happy new year to everyone!

Comment

• Jesse 74
                          • May 2011

Now to throw something else into the mix I am having a constant desire to urinate; this started yesterday afternoon.......

Comment

• Jesse 74
                            • May 2011

Went in today for the ultra sound. they found two small lesions and x ray was clear. compared today's ultra sound to the initial one 3 years ago. it was obvious two nodules present today and not then. I was able to get in and see the urologist and he recommended surgery to remove the remaining testicle. he also thought it would be a seminoma with a cure rate of 99% he has me scheduled for a ct on Monday to check to make sure it has not spread to the nodes. The radiologist and the urologist both think they are confined. the surgery will be next Friday the 10th.

The urologist took blood today to measure my testeserome level.

Please share your thoughts

Comment

• Kiwi
                              • Jul 2008

Hi Jesse,

Sorry about the news, thoughts are with you - for me the second was a **** part of my life but had to move on and be positive. You will get there, ask any questions you need to and remember there are others here that have been there twice to, hopefully that you help make you stronger and assist with getting positive.

Remember as above you need to get started on Testosterone replacement ASAP and also consider if prosthetics are an option for you?

Kiwi
                              >>>>>>>>>

Comment

Working...
                              X