Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Davepet
    • Mar 2010

Sorry to welcome another member to a a very exclusive club (sadly it seems to be getting less exclusive much too quickly these days). The price of admission is insanely high & there are no real benefits of membership. As has already been suggested, talk to your doc about TRT before your surgery, & if you want fake ones, now the best time to get them I didn't, & there seems to be a period of getting used to whatever choice you make

There are a fair number of 2x guys here, so if you have questions or concerns, speak up, someone will probably be able to help.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• Jesse 74
      • May 2011

I'm glad my wife and I already have a daughter. She is an absolute blessing, at two years old. I'm debating on the prosthetics or not. At this point I don't know. My mind is everywhere.
      5-15-11: found mass (left)
      5-16-11: ultra sound
      5-17-11: visit urologist confirmed mass and recommended IO and Blood test were completed on this visit and was later informed they were normal
      5-23-11: Left IO.
      5-26-11: had CT scan completed all clear and then follow up with urologist for pathology report. Diagnosed with classic seminoma stage a.
      July/August 2011 Radiation
      12-28-13: found mass (right)
      01-03-14: ultra sound and appt with urologist confirmed mass
      01-10-14: Right IO

Comment

• roybatty
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Jesse 74 View Post
        I'm glad my wife and I already have a daughter. She is an absolute blessing, at two years old. I'm debating on the prosthetics or not. At this point I don't know. My mind is everywhere.

Sorry this is happening to you.

You want more kids?If there is a remote possibility you might want some - bank sperm.

If you have not already gotten a baseline in past - get your T, Free T and E2 levels taken.

Prosthetic are highly personal choice. I am glad I did, but the second one was much better the the first one.
        "More human than human is our motto...."

Comment

• Jesse 74
          • May 2011

Thanks for your responses. I plan on calling the urologist on Wednesday to ask about my t levels, prosthetics and results from ct. Hoping ct is clear. Have not had one since feb. 2013. During my visit in June only chest x ray.
          What are some of the treatment options since I had radiation with tc 1. If I am diagnosed with stage 1 Seminoma? The urologist stated it would be probably a Seminoma and reading on here most two timers have Seminoma for tc 2????
          5-17-11: visit urologist confirmed mass and recommended IO and Blood test were completed on this visit and was later informed they were normal
          5-26-11: had CT scan completed all clear and then follow up with urologist for pathology report. Diagnosed with classic seminoma stage a.

Comment

• Jesse 74
            • May 2011

Could this be some other type of cancer and has spread to the remaining testicle?? I am only 39 but this could be possible.
            How is chemo administered?

Comment

• Davepet
              • Mar 2010

Could this be some other type of cancer and has spread to the remaining testicle?? I am only 39 but this could be possible.
              How is chemo administered?
              I'm not aware of any other types of cancer spreading to the testicles. As far as what type this might be, you won't be able to know for sure until the pathology report comes back. My second TC was a mixed seminoma / embryonal tumor.

If it is confined to yor testicle , you may be able to just do surveillance. If you do need BEP chemo, it is administered as an IV over a period of hours Carboplatin is sometimes used prophylacticly & is a much shorter duration treatment.

Dave
              Last edited by Davepet; 01-04-14, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Jesse 74
                • May 2011

Thanks Dave for your insights. Just everything running through my mind imagineable.

Comment

• Jesse 74
                  • May 2011

DOes having tc twice reduce the success rate the second time? Has anyone done surveillance after the second tc?

Comment

• roybatty
                    • Feb 2013

DOes having tc twice reduce the success rate the second time? Has anyone done surveillance after the second tc?
                    I am on surveillance only now. Second TC was about 8 months ago.

Comment

• Jesse 74
                      • May 2011

Thanks! What was your type and stage.

Comment

• Davepet
                        • Mar 2010

I don't think it does, the main thing affecting succes rate is the stage it's at when treatment starts. To a lessor extent the type of TC can be a factor, some being more "aggressive" than others.

Comment

• Kiwi
                          • Jul 2008

Mate

You made a mention that the doc thought that it would be be seminoma? Was your first a seminoma to? Its hard to identify at this stages but if it is a seminoma I would guess that there is a good change that it will be at an early stage and you could take a surveillance route. Not aware of any cancers that move to the Testicle - more likely to be a "new" TC event.

With the prognostics there is a range of options and there also come in different sizes, shapes and hardness levels. Although in the states you do not seem to have access to the silicon based models.
                          I did get both of mine at the same time of the second IO, happy I did gives back a bit of normality and they are recognized for their "mental" benefits. Overall its your choice, while you might have a bit more discomfort and longer recovery by getting them with the second Io it does save a second or more operation. Have a think about the future.

Again I really believe that being positive will have a huge impact on your recovery, yip know its hard at the moment (been there) but try to grab life and go forward.

There are a range of options with Testosterone replacement although the states does not offer long term injections so this means that the most popular method is a daily gel application or a newer daily underarm product http://www.axiron.com/Pages/index.aspx is available, you urologist may be able to assist or they may refer you to an endocrinologist - either may ensure that they have experience in T replacement and the younger docs seem to be more aware of the benefits of T replacement even for older males.

Lots to think about but with good care I am sure you will be fine and a stronger person.
                          >>>>>>>>>
                          TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
                          TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

• Jesse 74
                            • May 2011

Yes, my first tc was a Seminoma. Thanks for all of your replies. When i saw the urologist he thinks that it will be confined to the testicle. When I initially saw the urologist he said he had never had a case where cancer come back in other testicle. He threw out a 1 percent number of getting it in the other testicle. Guess we are lucky.

Comment

• Jesse 74
                              • May 2011

If I do get an opportunity to use surveillance what is the cure rates for a relapse?

Comment

• roybatty
                                • Feb 2013

Thanks! What was your type and stage.
                                Stage 1 pure seminoma both times/

First time (long time ago) I was given "preventative" radiation treatment.

Second time my cancer doctor seemed to say since my lymphnode paths were zapped it was unlikely that the second cancer would be able to spread, that is that the cure rate would be higher and I had less to worry the second time. He was very reassuring.

Comment

Working...
                                X