X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zsdad
    • Feb 2013

I will be joining your club soon.

I Will be going in for my second Orchiectomy in a little over a week. I had my first in March of 2012 classic seminoma no spread and have been on surveillance since. I felt some thing different in my remaining testicle early last week. Had an ultrasound Friday and before I even made it home from hospital the Dr called with the results. I have 1.5m mass and they of course want to remove it. The remaining testicle was un-decended at birth and we suspect it does not function. So I have been on TRT therapy ever since my last I/O. I currently get 12 testapel pellets every three months. I am not looking forward t the surgery I found recovery to be challenging the last time. And I am also a little nervous not knowing what kind of tc it is. I will get a tumor marker test tomorrow but have not had one in over a year.
  • Kiwi
    • Jul 2008

Hey Mate

Know where you are at the moment.

Good that you have been in the T replacement but with the second loss you may need to up the dosage a bit as your remaining guy should have been producing something. Do you get regular T level checks? Getting on the T is the important thing but you have a head start.

Seminoma - guess you may be approaching 40 something? chances are you second will be another Seminoma, you can have a look at the Find a warrior post that is stuck at the top of this forum section. Are you happy on the children front if not do you need to consider some sperm banking?

If you did not get a prosthesis last time you may like to consider this this time around (I upgraded to 2 in the same time as the second IO).

Any questions let the team know.

Cheers

Kiwi

>>>>>>>>>
    TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
    TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

• FocalPoint
      • Oct 2010

Did they not pick anything up in that testicle when they performed the first ultrasound on the other testicle you had removed? No small lesions or microlithiasis?
      Dx: 10/4/10
      Blood Results for tumor markers came back Normal.
      Surgery/ Left I/O: 10/26/10
      11/2/10 - Pathology report came in, 100% seminoma with no evidence of cord invasion. 3 foci, 1.1cm, 0.6cm, and 0.3cm.
      11/3/10 - CT scan of Pelvis and Chest is clear, no abnormalities.
      11/18/10- Surveillance
      10/26/11 - All Clear

Comment

• zsdad
        • Feb 2013

I had the second IO on Tuesday afternoon. Feeling a but better today. Kiwi- I am 35 first was seminoma should in a weeks or so what this was. Focalpoint, I will have to look up the original US report to be sure but I remember them saying it looked fine.

Comment

• Kiwi
          Kiwi commented
          Editing a comment
          I was around the same age with the first bit my seconded occurred seven years latter
      Working...
      X