Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metalguy
    replied
    Well. Going in tomorrow AM bright and early. .... time to start an interesting journey! If it don't kill ya it makes you stronger right?

Leave a comment:

• metalguy
    replied
    It sounds like there was a few other small masses in the testicle so my guess is they will end up taking it out

Leave a comment:

• metalguy
    replied
    Nervous isn't the correct word. Hesitant to remove the last one is more like it. He said he want's everything to be 100% before we do anything permanent. He really wants me to be able to bank some sperm. I guess the fact I wasn't able to is making him hesitant also. The fact he cares and is talking with others seems to be good.. I was ready to just rip it all out.

the mass was 1.6 cm i believe? I could just feel it slightly but it went away for a bit.

the injections I am not 100 percent sure but i can get back to you.

the gel was testim 5g or something like that? 50mg a day? if that sounds correct. I'm picking it up today and don't have the paper

Leave a comment:

• Kiwi
    replied
    Injections - what is the product and the frequency?

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    I'm sorry that I can't help you much with the testosterone question as I have not had to use it.

However, why is the urologist nervous? Is he second guessing the ultrasound or just not excited to remove it given your solitary testicle status? Any idea on the size of the mass on the ultrasound?

Testis sparing techniques are available but they are a bit of a difficult situation as well. I am glad to see that he is getting others involved as well.

Leave a comment:

• metalguy
    replied
    WHAT A DAY.

so the endo gave me 2 perscriptions, one for testim. (3 months to try and use until operation and everything is done, starting now...) and one for a years worth of injections.
    after 3 months she said to switch to the injections and they will teach me how to do them myself.
    she said I can pick which i like the most, and also have some spare gel if i will be travelling or anything and not able to bring needles etc.

The urologist had great news. blood was good. CTscan was good. 0 spread. nothing in the lungs, lymph nodes or anything..

he is really worried about removing the second ball. he said they will biopsy it mid surgery and have it looked at. if its cancer it will be taken right out. if its not they are thinking about leaving it in. he's talking to a few other surgeons right now to get a final decision on how we move forward but I like the fact there is a few DR's looking into this.

I guess for now what i want to know is whats the most common way to apply test? do you 2x guys use needles or gels? I'll go look in the other forums too and see what i find out.
    Last edited by metalguy; 11-05-14, 10:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Excellent. Let us know when you get the CT results. I would ask the Endo when they plan on starting you on testosterone. It may help to have things started soon after surgery instead of the long wait some guys endure. The drop in testosterone could make handling stresses more difficult, etc. so it is worth the chat. Good luck with the upcoming appointments.

Leave a comment:

• metalguy
    replied
    Scan was very quick. got my apt with the ENDO tomorrow and the urologist after that. Hoping for good news... well. as good as it can be at this point

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    I am glad to hear that they got the CT scan moved up for you and best of luck with it tonight. I am glad to hear that you didn't wait to get into the doctor too. Keep us posted on what you find out.

Leave a comment:

• metalguy
    replied
    Haha.. just like trading in a car, where you leave one at the dealership. And go home with something brand new :P.

My CT scan letter came in the mail for NOV 14th today. called the DR saying I think that is too far away. They changed it to tonight. That makes me much happier. an extra 2 weeks of worrying is never fun. Here is hoping that this is contained and a minor surgery is going to be all I need for now. (along with TRT, follow up, blood tests, etc)

Gotta make the best of everything. I'm very lucky I went to the DR when I did rather than do my usual, "it's nothing," or wait and put it off until it goes away routine.

I will end up a new advocate as being 31 I thought this kinda stuff would never happen to myself

Leave a comment:

• DoubleZero
    replied
    For me, my prosthetics are a big part of my mental well-being. I wouldn't want to be without them.

Some surgeons don't like putting them in during the I/O (potential risk of infection?!) and opt for a second surgery. I had mine added during each operation (sort of "one out" and "one in").

Leave a comment:

• metalguy
    replied
    I guess I should ask about Prostheses as well at this point. Any pointers on them? any negative info?

Leave a comment:

• Kiwi
    replied
    Excellent that you are on the way to getting started with the Testosterone replacement.

Leave a comment:

• metalguy
    replied
    Thanks for the info. everything got bumped a few days because of the surgeon saying I should try and bank some sperm...... 2 attempts with no luck.. today was the second one. that sucks but now its time to deal with the MAIN issue. have the endo appt next wed and setting everything up with the urologist then too. So I'll be looking into TRT BEFORE the IO.

thanks for the info. Anything else really matter at this point? besides TRT and getting this thing out of me? I guess the ctscan to see how bad it is will be next

Leave a comment:

• DoubleZero
    replied
    Metal,
    You need to make sure you get on some TRT (if you aren't already) when you have your IO done. All us 2xTCers need testosterone replacement. There are many forms but gel and injections are the most popular - and different people get on differently with each regime. But regardless of that talk to someone (your endo) about getting this started ASAP.

DZ

Leave a comment:

Working...
X