• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metalguy
    • Oct 2014

New guy, First post

Hey guys,

Just turned 31 a few weeks back... and going to have number 2 taken out in about a week or so. ultrasound was a bad day for me. Still have CT scan and XRAY but surgeon has already booked a day.

Lost number 1 as a very young child so this is unfortunate. This its my first case of TC, but I guess technical this is the right place to post. lol

been a pretty angry,sad, weird few days for me. glad a found this site. I feel I have already got some good information and will be nice to have some support here.

I can only hope that its just TC and I caught it early enough..

Puts a huge wrench in the starting a family plans too but in the grand scheme of things I'll take that over the alternative.

• Mike
    Administrator
    • Apr 2008

Welcome and I'm obviously sorry to hear that you are having to face all of this. Have you set up sperm banking? Depending on your blood work and ultrasound, if the surgery is too soon to get the sperm banking done properly then I would see if I could delay it a bit to get a few samples. Also, are you in a situation to try to conceive naturally right now? If so, again, don't feel like you HAVE to have the surgery in a week. I wouldn't want to wait a month but an additional few days or a week or so most likely isn't going to make any big difference.
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

• metalguy
      • Oct 2014

Went to bank some. Sounds like no swimmers. The Mrs and I wern't trying to be careful, but I guess that makes sense why it didn't happen. Got one more try at the bank but I'm not to hopeful. If anything it's an excuse to see some nudie mags. Just trying to take this all in. That's 2 bombs droped on me this week so far
      Last edited by metalguy; 10-30-14, 03:19 PM. Reason: autotext

Comment

• metalguy
        • Oct 2014

Autocorrect on the phone messed that up pretty bad... Still waiting on my dates for scans. was hoping they would phone today

Comment

• drelist
          • Sep 2014

I am very sorry to hear about your condition and I hope your treatment goes well. Your treatment depends on the type, grade, and stage of the tumor. After surgery follow-up visits are essential. Due to permanent infertility after removal of both testicles, as our other friends mentioned, it might be in your best interest to bank some of your sperm. However, the sperm should be of a high quality in order to preserve it. On the other hand, depending on your conditions, it might be dangerous to delay the surgery because of sperm banking. I would advise you to follow your surgeon’s recommendations and keep us informed. We will keep you in our prayers.

Comment

• DoubleZero
            • Aug 2010

Metal,
            You need to make sure you get on some TRT (if you aren't already) when you have your IO done. All us 2xTCers need testosterone replacement. There are many forms but gel and injections are the most popular - and different people get on differently with each regime. But regardless of that talk to someone (your endo) about getting this started ASAP.

DZ

Jan 2009: RHS (Seminoma) & RT
            Mar 2010: LHS (Embryonal Carcinoma)
            Sep 2010: Relapse & 3 x BEP
            Mar 2015: Five years "nut free"
            http://doublezeroami.blogspot.com

Comment

• metalguy
              • Oct 2014

Thanks for the info. everything got bumped a few days because of the surgeon saying I should try and bank some sperm...... 2 attempts with no luck.. today was the second one. that sucks but now its time to deal with the MAIN issue. have the endo appt next wed and setting everything up with the urologist then too. So I'll be looking into TRT BEFORE the IO.

thanks for the info. Anything else really matter at this point? besides TRT and getting this thing out of me? I guess the ctscan to see how bad it is will be next

Comment

• Kiwi
                • Jul 2008

Excellent that you are on the way to getting started with the Testosterone replacement.
                >>>>>>>>>
                TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
                TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

• metalguy
                  • Oct 2014

I guess I should ask about Prostheses as well at this point. Any pointers on them? any negative info?

Comment

• DoubleZero
                    • Aug 2010

For me, my prosthetics are a big part of my mental well-being. I wouldn't want to be without them.

Some surgeons don't like putting them in during the I/O (potential risk of infection?!) and opt for a second surgery. I had mine added during each operation (sort of "one out" and "one in").

Jan 2009: RHS (Seminoma) & RT
                    Mar 2010: LHS (Embryonal Carcinoma)
                    Sep 2010: Relapse & 3 x BEP
                    Mar 2015: Five years "nut free"
                    http://doublezeroami.blogspot.com

Comment

• metalguy
                      • Oct 2014

Haha.. just like trading in a car, where you leave one at the dealership. And go home with something brand new :P.

My CT scan letter came in the mail for NOV 14th today. called the DR saying I think that is too far away. They changed it to tonight. That makes me much happier. an extra 2 weeks of worrying is never fun. Here is hoping that this is contained and a minor surgery is going to be all I need for now. (along with TRT, follow up, blood tests, etc)

Gotta make the best of everything. I'm very lucky I went to the DR when I did rather than do my usual, "it's nothing," or wait and put it off until it goes away routine.

I will end up a new advocate as being 31 I thought this kinda stuff would never happen to myself

Comment

• Mike
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2008

I am glad to hear that they got the CT scan moved up for you and best of luck with it tonight. I am glad to hear that you didn't wait to get into the doctor too. Keep us posted on what you find out.
                        06.26.06 Left I/O
                        06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
                        Surveillance...

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

• metalguy
                          • Oct 2014

Scan was very quick. got my apt with the ENDO tomorrow and the urologist after that. Hoping for good news... well. as good as it can be at this point

Comment

• Mike
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2008

Excellent. Let us know when you get the CT results. I would ask the Endo when they plan on starting you on testosterone. It may help to have things started soon after surgery instead of the long wait some guys endure. The drop in testosterone could make handling stresses more difficult, etc. so it is worth the chat. Good luck with the upcoming appointments.
                            06.26.06 Left I/O
                            Surveillance...

Comment

• metalguy
                              • Oct 2014

WHAT A DAY.

so the endo gave me 2 perscriptions, one for testim. (3 months to try and use until operation and everything is done, starting now...) and one for a years worth of injections.
                              after 3 months she said to switch to the injections and they will teach me how to do them myself.
                              she said I can pick which i like the most, and also have some spare gel if i will be travelling or anything and not able to bring needles etc.

The urologist had great news. blood was good. CTscan was good. 0 spread. nothing in the lungs, lymph nodes or anything..

he is really worried about removing the second ball. he said they will biopsy it mid surgery and have it looked at. if its cancer it will be taken right out. if its not they are thinking about leaving it in. he's talking to a few other surgeons right now to get a final decision on how we move forward but I like the fact there is a few DR's looking into this.

I guess for now what i want to know is whats the most common way to apply test? do you 2x guys use needles or gels? I'll go look in the other forums too and see what i find out.
                              Last edited by metalguy; 11-05-14, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X