• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metalguy
    started a topic New guy, First post

New guy, First post

Hey guys,

Just turned 31 a few weeks back... and going to have number 2 taken out in about a week or so. ultrasound was a bad day for me. Still have CT scan and XRAY but surgeon has already booked a day.

Lost number 1 as a very young child so this is unfortunate. This its my first case of TC, but I guess technical this is the right place to post. lol

been a pretty angry,sad, weird few days for me. glad a found this site. I feel I have already got some good information and will be nice to have some support here.

I can only hope that its just TC and I caught it early enough..

Puts a huge wrench in the starting a family plans too but in the grand scheme of things I'll take that over the alternative.

• Mike
    replied
    Thanks for the update and it is wonderful to hear that three years on that you are doing so well. This is so great to hear and wishing you all the best.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• metalguy
    replied
    Well, 3 years later I figured I'd check in. Everything is still good and I feel better than I have in 10 years I'd say. The testosterone has made a big difference in my life. I am in the best shape I ever have been, have way more energy and feel fantastic. Thanks for answering my questions when I needed some guidance. It was a pretty scary time but feels like forever ago already.

Leave a comment:

• Davepet
    replied
    Originally posted by metalguy View Post
    t. I like the vegas odds statement, but even with good odds sometimes you lose, and I'm not just betting a few bucks here. haha.
    Well, if you lose you can do chemo then,with *exactly* the same cure rate, so why not try to avoid treatment that may not be needed? Just be sure to stick to the surveillance schedule, so you catch anything early.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Talis
    replied
    Thanks for the update. Good to hear they think it's caught in time, and hope the surveillance works out great for you.

- T

Leave a comment:

• metalguy
    replied
    Well according to surgeon it was a seminoma. so from what i read that's good news. I'll probably go with surveillance and hope for the best. The weird thing was they said around the tumor the entire testie was all scar tissue, so that's why I had no sperm count. Dr couldn't really explain that. They are going to look into it but really, its too late at this point anyways

Leave a comment:

• metalguy
    replied
    Well about 10 days since the IO.. I am feeling a lot better, got a haircut, and even went into work for a few hours .No lifting or anything but sitting around for the most part. I am still pretty sore and feels like the prosthetic is uncomfortable, or phantom pains from what used to be there perhaps.Either way. I am much better than a few days ago.

I get my results in a few weeks but it sounded before hand like the DR said from the CTscan there was no spread and my markers looked good. I'll be getting these numbers off him but I think surveillance is the choice I'll take for now. Been looking all over this site and am SO torn on the subject. I like the vegas odds statement, but even with good odds sometimes you lose, and I'm not just betting a few bucks here. haha.

Both Chemo and radiation look like crap. but I was just learning how if you do the Rad that you cant do it again later? is this true? If so I'd rather wait on that until "IF" I need it.

Chemo doesn't sound like a party either. but out of the two I'm not sure what would be the lesser of 2 evils.

A big thing I searched was tattoos. I understand how being on chemo won't jive with a tat due to the risk of infection, but what about radiation? any issues there?

lets say i go out and get a very large tattoo on my leg,.... would this effect anything later? I know MRI and tattoo's aren't friends but a LEG MRI isn't the most common thing either.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• metalguy
    replied
    Feeling better today, 3rd day post op.. still hurts getting up and sitting down but I think by day 5 or so i'll be able to move around more. the numbness sucks. from the incision down the leg crease and inner thigh. I cant even feel my inner thigh when i poke it with my finger.. hope it goes away but its only a few days since surgery so no panic there. the parts that matter have feeling. lol.

Loving the fakie. cant wait to get the other one... Made the girlfriend feel it today too. has a nice weight to it.

I guess Its about 3-4 weeks till i get my results.. hoping for the best and that I can just go with surveillance... . both chemo or rrplnd don't look like a great time.

Just hope the TRT levels are good for 3 months. seems like a long time to go on testim without a checkup of levels..

once the trt is sorted and I'm given the all clear It will be nice to put this behind me

Leave a comment:

• Bskiballin3
    replied
    Originally posted by metalguy View Post
    asids from the obvious pain anyone have much numbness in the leg, sac, or below the incision? that kinda freaks me out.. like its fallen asleep or something.
    Almost all of my pain was in the crease between the leg and groin area. And I was virtually pain free about 48 hours after surgery without any medication. The only other issue I delt with was at the base of the penis right on top it felt rough like maybe they had irritated it when shaving before the operation. That has now turned into more of a numbness but the feeling is coming back. I suspect it was a thrombosed vein finally returning to size

Leave a comment:

• metalguy
    replied
    asids from the obvious pain anyone have much numbness in the leg, sac, or below the incision? that kinda freaks me out.. like its fallen asleep or something.

Leave a comment:

• metalguy
    replied
    I've only been on the T gel for a few days. I kinda like how it smells. my mornings have woken up quite excited lol. So i hope this continues post IO

They gave me one prosthetic this time because they went in from the top. I wan't to feel it but am in a fair bit of pain so I'm going to avoid it for few days.

Doc said if i want in 3-4 months if I want another its super easy to put one in. but unfortunately that's back for surgery, back of work..

I think if none of this returns and the Testosterone is working well though maybe I'll go in for it. It's not a big deal as I am engaged and been with the same girl for about 7 years. she knows what's up so its not like I'm in the bar scene and checks are going to look at me different.

Leave a comment:

• Kiwi
    replied
    Did you seek any further questions on Prosthetic's? for me I wanted one with the first but got upgraded with 2 in the second IO. Love em.

How are you going with the Testosterone?

Leave a comment:

• metalguy
    replied
    Wow. In this am. wasn't sure if they would do it today or tomorrow. glad I fasted.. was in at 2pm. Woke up at 4:30 right out of it.. lol..
    They ended up taking it out.. He told me before it sounded like a long shot but the frozen section was worth the try.

Started on the gel last week so I'll keep on that untill Jan when i go back and maybe start my own injections.

Thanks alot guys. I'm sure I'll have many questions for you in the future... for right now its T3's.. and some movies on the couch with the girl.

Leave a comment:

• eodtech2001
    replied
    Your doc sounds alot like the one I had. He wanted to make sure it was cancer before he removed my remaining boy. He looked at the Ultrasound and said, " that's a tumor and it needs to come out today!" So 3 hours later it came out.
    It took me a little while to get my trt correct but I evently went with injections. If you have any questions ask away. That is what we are here for.

Leave a comment:

• Talis
    replied
    Hope it's gone ok. Let us know how things pan out for you.

- T

Leave a comment:

Working...
X