How much growth of surviving testicle is normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anothernumber
    • Jul 2007

How much growth of surviving testicle is normal?

Hi Everyone. I haven't been on the forum in a long time. I am 19 years in remission and 44 years old. My surviving testicle has always been larger than normal since my initial treatment. I've been on Androgel for about 6-8 years...I've lost track. I'm concerned that the testicle may still be growing, lately. Fortunately, I have my yearly check up at IU Med with Dr. Einhorn in the next month or so. He has said in the past that the enlargement is normal, and my markers keep coming back fine each year, but it's also been aching lately and I guess I fear the worst. Any knowledge/experience appreciated!
  • anothernumber
    • Jul 2007

Oh crap. Since I haven't been on here in like...7 years, I forgot that I changed my screen name back then. I guess my screen name is now 70miles, but for some reason I was still able to login on the old one. Oh well. I read some of my older posts. The good news is that I was depressed, apathetic, and tired back then. That all changed when I started testosterone gel. I can't believe I made it 11 years without trying it. Anyway, I am living a better and happier life now, but the remaining testicle's size and aches concern me.

Comment

• anothernumber
      • Jul 2007

Anybody out there? I did finally find my appointment time. Fortunately it is this week; the sooner the better. I've been reading that a rare side effect of Androgel is testicle shape change/growth/tenderness. I have a lot of questions for the doc on Tuesday! Thanks for reading.

Comment

• Davepet
        • Mar 2010

I have not heard anything about testicles growing on TRT, in fact I believe it is more common for the opposite to happen since the feedback mechanism sees plenty of T & signals the testicle to stop production.In any event, you are in good hands with Dr E, make sure to discuss your symptoms & concerns at your appointment, I would not be concerned in the meantime unless you feel a lump.

Dave
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• Kiwi
          • Jul 2008

Hi, Like Dave said I have not seen anything about Testicular Growth When on TRT or after the first IO.
          >>>>>>>>>
          TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
          TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

• kennyg
            • Nov 2014

I'm with Davepet and Kiwi on this one. I lost one testicle and the other was undescended and was brought down to the scrotum. It was also somewhat atrophied but they said it would grow and take the place of two. Well, it grew a little since I wasn't on anything at that time but it didn't even get to normal size. Anyway, my present doctors have been watching not only T levels but thyroid and they say the pituitary gland also regulates hormone levels too. Just a thought. I had to get thyroid pills too along with the T.

Comment

• anothernumber
              • Jul 2007

Well. Here i am awaiting blood draw. And Ultrasound. You're about to get a real time play by play. Doc suspects 2nd primary.

Comment

• anothernumber
                • Jul 2007

Then i go to see my old surgeon at 2pm.

Comment

• Davepet
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by anothernumber View Post
                  . Doc suspects 2nd primary.
                  Sorry to hear that. Will keep fingers crossed that the U/S proves him wrong.

Dave

Comment

• anothernumber
                    • Jul 2007

Thanks. Waiting to see the surgeon that did my rplnd 19 years ago. I wonder if he'll remember me lol. Trying to find humor in all this...

Comment

• anothernumber
                      • Jul 2007

Good news. Tumor markers normal, ulatrasound shows no cancer. Apparently i have a hydrocele. It will still require an outpatient procedure to drain, but its better news than anticipated. Praise God!

Comment

• Davepet
                        • Mar 2010

Fantastic! Glad to hear you won't be joining our "club"

Comment

• anothernumber
                          • Jul 2007

Thanks Dave. It was quite the scare for several hours. I never expected any good news the rest of the day. And, I think I was actually becoming mentally prepared for club membership. It definitely has me thinking about taking better care of myself. I feel like I've been careless the last 19 years. I need to eat healthier and get more exercise. I need to not take for granted the 2nd chance I was given. Mostly, I need to start spending more time with the people in my life and stop being caught up in the distractions of this world. You guys who are in "the club", and everyone on here, are my heroes. I am privileged to sit back and learn from you all about courage, strength, and being real men! Now if they'll just hurry up and get me in to have this hydrocele cut open and drained. I had edema after my RPLND, but I don't recall any pain from it.

Comment

Working...
                          X