Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advantages to hacing none? ( Tongue firmly in cheek)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantages to hacing none? ( Tongue firmly in cheek)

I was reading tonight about someone having pain in their testicle & it occurred to me that there actually *IS* a minor upside to losing both of them: No more testicle pain as your jeans bind just "so" as you climb in or out of a vehicle, or you slip as you straddle something almost crotch high. Pretty sure I don't need to go on, we all know how often that happens and how much it can hurt.

Over the last 6 years, I've had to check myself a few times from doing things that no guy with nuts would ever try. I guess I don't really need to keep the secret, but construction sites aren't exactly full of people who would understand...

Anyway, just a weird thought that popped into my head tonight, probably one too many drinks.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

there is the odd advantage
    >>>>>>>>>
    TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
    TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

Indeed. I'm not in a position where I get nude in front of others other than my wife much, so I forget about it 90% of the time. It is kind of nice not ever having that "pinch" when you sit down wrong, or having issues bicycle riding. And its also nice that my wife and I really never have to think about protection or "accidents".
      6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
      6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
      7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
      7/13/15 - 9/18/15: 4xEP
      10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
      10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
      4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
      4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
      3/29/2018 all clears up to this date!

Comment

Well I still only have one; but I can say that I actually prefer one over two....far more roomy and comfortable down there. I don't have to shift around anymore or sit on them awkwardly, etc. The only ache I get in the remaining guy is related to my recurring cyst.

I still get an occasional "pain" under the IO scar from time to time. It's deep under there, almost feels like a muscle clenching up or spasms.

- Matt
        March 4th 2014: [AFP = 2.5; bHCG = 6; LDH = 618]
        March 13th: Left IO 100% Classic Seminoma
        6.3 x 5.1 x 3.8 cm, no invasion of anything
        LDH never fully normalized
        Stage: IS
        Watchful Waiting
        May 1st: promoted to Stage IIB with two PET active tumors in the para-aortic lymph nodes 2.5 & 2.4 cm
        May 12th: started 3xBEP
        Neupogen during Cycle 2 and 3
        July 8th: Last Bleo shot of Cycle 3 -- chemo completed !
        August 4th: Post Chemo CT/PET scan
        September 4th: Port removed
        January 8th 2018: 3.5 YEARS ALL CLEAR !

Comment

Originally posted by JeskiM69 View Post
          Well I still only have one; but I can say that I actually prefer one over two...
          Yeah I gave thought to having a fake one put in during I/O #2, but completely ruled out getting two. After spending 2/3 of my life with one, two would have just been weird.

Comment

I can't believe the people who run this site allowed this sick drivel to be posted on the forum. I go here looking for help, and this nonsense is what I find? If some of you feel like you can joke around like this, save it for those who are as ignorant of their own disease as you are. There is no advantage to surgical castration, and anyone who finds humor in the death and mutilation that come with this disease must be willfully blind to their own condition. Wake up, show some respect, and stop pretending like a cancer diagnosis is something other than the loss that it is.

Comment

Someone is clearly jealous he still has to live with 2 balls, lighten up buddy! A lot of people, cancer survivors included believe it or not, cope by using humor in their situation and just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it wrong.
              Simply move along or tell us your story and we'll be glad to give you some insight and try to ease your obvious pent up frustration with this disease.

Back to the post, 1 testicle is definitely more roomy and far less suprise gut wrenching hits and squishes occur for sure! Haha

Comment

Originally posted by morethanlife View Post
                I can't believe the people who run this site allowed this sick drivel to be posted on the forum. I go here looking for help, and this nonsense is what I find? If some of you feel like you can joke around like this, save it for those who are as ignorant of their own disease as you are. There is no advantage to surgical castration, and anyone who finds humor in the death and mutilation that come with this disease must be willfully blind to their own condition. Wake up, show some respect, and stop pretending like a cancer diagnosis is something other than the loss that it is.
                Seriously?

We know exactly what our loss is, probably more than anyone else. I could have flown around the world 10 times for what it cost to have our second child after cancer. I've had months of chemo, two surgeries, and been through the ups and downs. I am acutely aware of my situation, as I'm sure Dave is as well. It is what it is, it either makes you miserable or you accept and deal with it. That's the choice anyone with a cancer diagnosis has in front of them. I chose to accept and deal with it and help educate others, on both the highs and lows.
                6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
                6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
                7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
                7/13/15 - 9/18/15: 4xEP
                10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
                10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
                4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
                4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
                3/29/2018 all clears up to this date!

Comment

Originally posted by morethanlife View Post

Hello morethanlife,

I actually run this site. We do not censor user's freedom to express themselves on these forums unless there is personal threatening behavior or commercial promotion. We have users from 6 continents and can't and will not try to suppress any triggers that may exist nor can we apologize for them. As mentioned, if you do not appreciate a post then kindly move on to a different post and let us know how we can help you. There is a plethora of knowledge and experience on these forums and I hope you take advantage of it.

Mike
                  Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
                  06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
                  06.26.06 Left I/O
                  06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
                  06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
                  Surveillance...
                  Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
                  6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

Comment

Definitely noticed an advantage...my tailor said altering my newest suit pants was a breeze this time and gave me a discount because it took less time!
                    2/2017 - Right groin and flank pain (thought it was blue balls or a strain)
                    3/2/17 - ER discovers 7.5 x 6.5 x 3.0 mass around IVC
                    3/6/17 - Fine needle aspiration of mass finds seminoma
                    3/26/17 - Dx bilateral seminoma stage IIC
                    4/10/17-6/6/17 - 3x BEP
                    7/14/17 - CT Scan shows abdominal mass complete response
                    7/25/17 - Bilateral orchiectomy showing scarring, fibrosis, and necrosis
                    12/28/17 - Pulmonary nodule scare
                    3/26/18 - All clear

Comment

Originally posted by ottovonwhackjob View Post
                      Definitely noticed an advantage...my tailor said altering my newest suit pants was a breeze this time and gave me a discount because it took less time!
                      Well, I find that hard to believe, but I'll take your word for it...
                      Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X