Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is bigger better?

Hi again guys,

Another question... as many of you already know, I'm having a non cancer related bilateral I/O in less than 2 weeks. Surgeon and I agreed that he will be using size large prosthetics.
    While the thought is appealing, this is not my normal size. I do not know if it will look odd in comparison to size of my penis. Plus, I'm also wondering if there are any drawbacks to having
    larger size. do they get in the way of anything? Surgeon said there is plenty of room for the large.
    Can you guys please give me your thoughts on this? Did you go larger or stay relatively the same?

Steve

Well there in the Testicular Prosthesis there is no Small size (marketing and something about guys not wanting "small" in this area! they start at Medium (really small and then go form their - different brands will have different sizings, when this was discussed with me the doc had samples of sizes and a models (none come with optional upgrades - sad I think a vibrating options would be a hot seller!) Anyway the doc should match close to the size of the original boys.. So Large - is really "medium" I guess. Overall its really some filler in the pants anyway!

Cheers
    >>>>>>>>>
    TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
    TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

Mate the Urologist will lile have one of these to work out sizing too! https://www.andrologyaustralia.org/orchidometer/
      >>>>>>>>>
      TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

Surgeon didn't have models to choose from in his office which I found odd. He said he would show me in the OR. However he did tell me he uses only this brand. I called the company and the large measures 4.5 x 2.9 centimeters

Comment

Comment

There sizing seems to be from children up. Saline filled sometimes there can have ability to make them harder or softer? The US does not seem to do Silicon based models.
            >>>>>>>>>

Comment

That size looks to be in the average size range - seems a bit variable on the net for the average.
              >>>>>>>>>

Comment

Is bigger better? Not in my opinion.Having a flat sack actually has some advantages in terms of nothing ever being in the "wrong position" when sitting.driving etc.I might have gone for the option in my 20's & single, had it been offered 42 years ago with my first I/O & even briefly considered it with my second 7 years ago, but in the end, I'm fine with none. If I was considering replacements I would choose a size as close to what was normal for me, anything else would just feel weird.

Dave
                Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Thank you for your perspective Davepet. Everyone's imput has been so valuable to me on this site.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X