• Show
Clear All
  • GoTigers1987
    • Oct 2016

Treatment After TC2

Hi All -

To give a little background on my situation,

I am a 30 year old male.

I was recently just got diagnosed with pure seminoma is my remaining testicle. Stage 1, no lymph invasion.

I had my first one removed last Xmas eve, pure seminoma. Stage 1, with lymph invasion.

I wanted to seek advice on the best possible treatment option for me at this point? My Oncologist has not gotten back to me but I wanted to get others opinion on the matter.

Thanks for all the advice,

Charles
  • Rudachenko
    • Oct 2016

Good situation.Just preventive 2xBEP cycles.Many would said 1 or 0 cycles but in my contry the bas long-time results are 2 cycles in earlyfirst stage of tc.Good luck
    On left testicle.It was removed.Diagnose: malignant Sertoli–Leydig cell tumour in stage 3.I had mets in lymph,liver and lungs.I had 4xBEP.All cleared after that.Third month in remission.

Comment

• biwi
      • Jun 2015

depends on what your markers, CT scan, and pathology show. If you truely are stage 1a or 1b, just the orchiectomy and then monitoring is all you will need.
      6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
      6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
      7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
      7/13/15: begin 4xEP, end 9/18/15
      10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
      10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
      4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
      4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
      10/22/19: all clears up to this date!
      4/8/24: stopped monitoring something like 2 years ago, still all clear!

Comment

• Kiwi
        • Jul 2008

Mate - know where you are at although going form 2 to zero has been a lot quicker for you that me.

Trust me - think positive you you will get through this.

If both are Seminoma stage 1 you should be fine with Surveillance (I had some radiation with number one but times have moved on and even with #2 that would not have occurred).

On the list:
        1. You need to sort out and get started on Testosterone Replacement ASAP and with out delay
        2. Consider prosthetic Testicles? a personal choice but was a lot better for me - I had two with IO #2
        4. Is there some some for some sperm banking - that's if you would like kids in the future or if you are good in this area
        3. Be positive

With well managed Testosterone you will be good - for me I am better and healthier that I was pre TC #2 - also a few years ago I joined a gym for aerobic fitness in the winter but then got lured to the weights and with some minimal gains I decided to make the T that I am on work for me. A great choice for me any way.

Hey any questions let us know or personal message me.

Thoughts are with you - was a very tough time for me but it does get better!

ps - things function like normal with the T
        >>>>>>>>>
        TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
        TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

• GoTigers1987
          • Oct 2016

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I will keep you all updated as to what the oncologist says. I did get 2 prosthetics put in and they feel relatively normal at this point. I managed to also bank some sperm prior to the second I/O.

However, I think my testosterone is a complete mess right now. Monday, I could barely think straight and had no energy. Doctor gave me 200 mg of testosterone cyponiate and that seemed to help a little bit the symptoms are coming back again today. Just called the doc to see if I could take another shot. For those of you doing injections, what mg are you guys taking/frequency?

Comment

• biwi
            • Jun 2015

I am on aveed long term injections, I take them every 9-10 weeks. (I was a uniballer before TC)
            6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
            6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
            7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
            7/13/15: begin 4xEP, end 9/18/15
            10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
            10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
            4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
            4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
            10/22/19: all clears up to this date!
            4/8/24: stopped monitoring something like 2 years ago, still all clear!

Comment

• Davepet
              • Mar 2010

I am on 200mg every 3 weeks
              Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
              Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• joev
                • Oct 2007

100mg once per week

Comment

• GoTigers1987
                  • Oct 2016

Today is the most normal I have felt since the I/O. Energy levels are good. Have the CT scan in a few minutes. Thanks for all the info support guys!!

Comment

• GoTigers1987
                    • Oct 2016

Good news that the CT scan came back all clear. I guess now the next step is to find out what treatment my medical team wants to go with. I am finding this to be a double edge sword so to speak...either I bite the bullet and go through the chemo or I do the surveillance and live with the stress of it coming back...another question for the board would be if the cancer were to come back, it would start in the lymphnodes?

Comment

• RJKD
                      • Jul 2015

That great news about your CT. Any chemo you do for a seminoma as adjuvant is actually lite chemo (Carboplatin). It's not BEP. Big difference.
                      Diagnosed at age 31. Treated in NYC. Now living in Ottawa, ON, Canada.

7/1/2015: felt tiny lump on side of R testicle
                      7/30/2015: Ultrasound shows 2 intra-testicular masses.
                      7/31/2015: tumor markers normal, CXR clear
                      8/5/2015: R orchiectomy
                      8/11/2015: Pathology: 1.2 x 1.0 x 1.0 cm, embryonal 80%, seminoma 20%, with LVI and rete testis invasion
                      8/14/2015: CT abdomen/pelvis clear, Stage 1b
                      8/24/2015: started 1 x BEP

Comment

• GoTigers1987
                        • Oct 2016

Thanks man. I have yet to take the necessary steps in researching the different types of chemo and the effects of it. It is just playing the waiting game that is killing me at this point.

Comment

• Kiwi
                          • Jul 2008

if both are Seminoma stage 1 you should be fine with Surveillance
                          >>>>>>>>>
                          TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
                          TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

• Davepet
                            • Mar 2010

I personally would not even consider chemo at this point. Save it in case a future scan show the TC is back.

Dave
                            Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                            Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
                            X