X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried

I was diagnosed with TC in 2015 and underwent surgery to remove left testicle.

Fast forward to last month 2/08/17 I had my CT scan as a yearly follow up, scans did not show anything.

Last 2 weeks I have been experiencing pain in my groin area. After self examination I noticed a bump on my right testicle and I'm fearing the worst.

Is it common to spread to my remaining testicle? I'm 26 and really worried.

I have an appointment next week so I'm hoping the best.

If it's a new lump on the other testicle it could mean a new testis cancer (nor spread from your first, but a new original cancer). It could be nothing as well. But given your history of testis cancer, I would quickly get an ultrasound of the testicle.
    Canadian. Diagnosed at age 31. Treated in NYC. Now living in Columbus, OH.

7/1/2015: felt tiny lump on side of R testicle
    7/30/2015: Ultrasound shows 2 intra-testicular masses.
    7/31/2015: tumor markers normal, CXR clear
    8/5/2015: R orchiectomy
    8/11/2015: Pathology: 1.2 x 1.0 x 1.0 cm, embryonal 80%, seminoma 20%, with LVI and rete testis invasion
    8/14/2015: CT abdomen/pelvis clear, Stage 1b
    8/24/2015: started 1 x BEP

Comment

RJKD is right, it NEVER spreads to the other testicle, but very rarely, a second primary TC develops in #2. Some guys, a year or so later, or like me, 35 years later. Gety it checked out,odd are good it's nothing serious, but you've got to find out for sure

Dave
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I got it checked out and it's a cyst. So I'm pretty happy right now.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I got it checked out and it's a cyst. So I'm pretty happy right now.

Comment

good to hear. I bet you are very happy.

Comment

Working...
            X