X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nito
    • Feb 2016

Frightened again...2xTC

in 2015 i was diagnosed of seminoma in stage IIIC, after removing my left testicle, i was able to do sport, and do just the ordinary things for men with 2 testicles...now after the periodic controls..it's sure that my right testicle is affected again...im devastated; i have read a lot of information here and other sites...but i would like to know the effects of no having testosterone, would be able to do sports again?, will i loss a huge os muscular mass?, hair?...how is the use of testosterone? ..i am very worried about the physical and phsycological effects...
    thanks for all...in spain there is not a forum like this one.
    22/10/2015: Diagnosis: pure Seminoma hcg 13268/ 20x25 mm mass in my left testicle
    23/10/2015: Left orchiectomy
    28/10/2015: TC torax/abdomen/pelvis 3 focal liver lesions (0,7cm, 0,7cm and 1,0cm)
    18/11/2015: started 4xBEP treatment
    31/01/2016: finished 4xBEP treatment
  • Davepet
    • Mar 2010

Aslong as your testosterone replacement is adequate, you should feel & perform the same as you do now. There are several different types of TRT & some guys find one works better than the other, so it might take some time to get that sorted out, but most of us seem to settle into it fairly easily.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• Trekga
      • Jan 2017

Dave hopefully helped explain things a bit. I can imagine you are worried, it is to be expected in your situation.
      Son Grant
      dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
      Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
      2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
      Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

• nito
        • Feb 2016

Thank you Dave, thank you Tregka...thanks for your help, it conforts a bit in this situation
        22/10/2015: Diagnosis: pure Seminoma hcg 13268/ 20x25 mm mass in my left testicle
        28/10/2015: TC torax/abdomen/pelvis 3 focal liver lesions (0,7cm, 0,7cm and 1,0cm)

Comment

• Mike
          Administrator
          • Apr 2008

Hi Nito,

I can't imagine how frightened you are but there are a lot of guys that have a normal life after having testicular cancer in both testicles and the key certainly is proper testosterone replacement. Where are you in the process? Have you gone in to have the testicle examined?

Mike
          Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
          06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
          06.26.06 Left I/O
          06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
          06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
          Surveillance...
          Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
          6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

• roybatty
            • Feb 2013

would be able to do sports again?

Yep - and you will perform better like most super athletes most of whom all take hormones. LOL

will i loss a huge of muscular mass?

Maybe(maybe) during the short few months you begin TRT and get the right dose figured out. Other wise if you wish it - you will get bigger, stronger, faster, more sexual....women will want you and men will want to be you

hair?...

Not seen any direct correlation but I use "Rogain" to slow normal loss that happens with age. Look at your father or your grandfathers for what you can expect

how is the use of testosterone?

Depends on what you use - gel is easy peasy if it get you to the levels you want. If not there are shots which at first is a bit scary, but you get used to it. Make sure to get your blood levels tested regularly - T, Free T, and Estridiol (E2).
            "More human than human is our motto...."

Comment

• Kiwi
              • Jul 2008

Mate - hey know where you are at - its tough but 9 Years on great. With Managed Testosterone replacement your will be fine!

Yes your sexual function will be there, yes you can gain muscle (i certainly have after a few years ago I decided that I would make the T replacement work for me!) Negative - maybe this might have accelerated loss of head from the head but that's fine.

Important - you need to get onto Testosterone replacement without delay and monitor the levels you could have a tough year or so while the T sorts it self out but I am way better than before. You would probably find that your T levels are low now - get that tested, I would predict that with T you will return to normal and loose that tiredness you likely have now!

Have you considered prosthetics?
              >>>>>>>>>
              TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
              TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

• nito
                • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Hi Nito,

I can't imagine how frightened you are but there are a lot of guys that have a normal life after having testicular cancer in both testicles and the key certainly is proper testosterone replacement. Where are you in the process? Have you gone in to have the testicle examined?

Mike
                Mike, i have been tested 3 times, eco-scans and doppler and they have shown the same things, there is something in my right now, althoug is very small (3 mm)..the makers are normal but you know...
                The Doc will make me another one in December.
                Thanks for all messages, they have helped me a lot.

Comment

• Davepet
                  • Mar 2010

Hey Nito,
                  What have you found out since the last post? While we are all hoping this was a false alarm, we are here to help if it was not. Please keep us updated.

Dave
                  Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                  Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• nito
                    • Feb 2016

Thanks for your worries Davepet; i have been in surveillance since that, in two ways: in NHS and with another private Urologist; the 'injuries' showed in the last eco have been stabilized and the marks results are negative; look out these carefully and nothing more...but i am prepared whatever will come.

Thanks for all of you, your answers, worries, advices and support; i miss a forum like this in spanish language, here in Spain there isn't like this one.
                    Take care and happy new year for all!!

Comment

Working...
                    X