X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost second testicle

What should I expect in next days.What are first symptoms without testosterone?

Your doc should have already written a prescription for testosterone, preferably before the surgery. There is no excuse not to. I went two weeks without any and believe me hot flashes are very real & very uncomfortable. I recall it taking about a week, so get on the phone & bug your doc if you don't have a prescription yet.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Mate you need to get onto the Testosterone ASAP - this shoud have been underway as part of the planning with the Uro. I was probably 1 or 2 weeks before I got started but the sooner the better.

Low T for me = Night Sweets, Tiredness, decreased sex drive, low quality erections, lack of concentration, leads into anxiety,
      >>>>>>>>>
      TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
      TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

I'm still im hospital,doc tell me he will gave a prescription.But before 3 to 4 days I won't get T.
        Last edited by axe900; 07-29-18, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Where are you located? Most places do the I/O surgery as outpatient thee days. Why is he waiting on the testosterone?

Comment

Europe.
            Yes they send me home after three days,now I need to go endrocrinologist.But wound still hurts so maybe I will wait few days.
            It's still pretty hard to walk.

Comment

Get to the endo, I don't care if it hurts, you will be in for far more discomfort if you don't. I went without testicles or TRT for two weeks. You don't want to go there. Trust me. Piss off your doc if you have to, but insist, or go elsewhere for help. Those are pretty much your only options.

Dave
              Last edited by Davepet; 08-02-18, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Dave is spot on. People seem to think the the doctor they see is their only option. I will use cable company as an example. If AT@T service sucks you shop around and switch to a better cable company. That is exactly what a doctor is a company that provides a service and if the service isnt to your liking you find another conmpany/Doctor. I fire and hire doctors all the time. My current primary care doctor is 83 yrs old retired Korean War Navy doctor and he pulls no punches and tells it like it is. But he also listens to his patients and will go above and beyond to make me as whole as he can.
                So like Dave said, who cares if you piss him off go see another Doctor that listens to you and will work for you
                Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
                Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
                Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
                Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
                April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
                May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
                August 7th 2012- BEP complete
                April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
                May 2013 RPLND
                Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
                Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
                Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
                Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
                Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
                Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
                Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
                Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

Working...
                X