X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New person... long time visitor! 2xTC

Well, well, well...........To be honest with yall, i thought i would never revisit this forum again about 4 years ago. But here we are in the flesh! Im am right now 4 days post op from now a bilateral o/i and Needless to say i hope someone reads this post and gets a little deeper thought. Thank you to all the gents who started this site, literally in 2014 on my first diagnoses i literally found a bit of peace after reading your discussions! Knowledge is power and experience is gold! So i will get a formal biography put on here soon but my body loves to make embryno non semenoma cancer which doctors love to treat it may seem! Ha.... ok so the reason i wanted to post is very simple....... no matter what, you can stay in control! I have watched myself sink into the darkest depressions and regrets of why...... DO NOT GIVE UP! I lost everything last time including my home and possessions because i let the cancer and treatment take control of my life and watched all my finances fade away.... i wont make the same mistake twice! Better believe that! Ask questions! Get out of the bed! Lmao! Literally im hot flashing and anxiety to the max right now because i havent started TRT but i can mentally choose to make today good or miserable. Im doing this time different and its ok to ask for help..... if anyone needs to talk find someone anyone and let those thoughts out of your head! If its one thing ive learned so far is cancer hates an honest person that communicates well.... good luck fellas! Il be starting BEP soon and im going to start it with vengeance and determination! F#&K CANCER! Cancer may have taken my balls away but it can suck my d!ck!

Best of luck man! I'm only a 1x but I only had 1 to begin with so as a fellow noballer on TRT life does get back to normal!
    6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
    6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
    7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
    7/13/15 - 9/18/15: 4xEP
    10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
    10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
    4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
    4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
    9/27/2018 all clears up to this date!

Comment

Thanks for the good vibes! Im really looking forward to the TRT but i feel i should roll into it with ease. Just gotta except that it is part of the life now.Should be fine after chemo! God darn chemo! But thats what it looks like! Just ready to fast forward to being a blue collar working for the fam.. boring life never sounded so exciting atm!

Comment

Sorry to hear that you've been diagnosed in the second testicle but as your post mentions, you can get by and there is no reason to believe you can't have a long health life after you get through this tough spot as well.

Did you have chemotherapy the first time? Was it BEP? If so, then you may want to have a discussion if BEP a second time is really what you want to do or if an alternative is more appropriate. Usually, one would want to avoid the cumulative doses of the bleomycin.

As far as TRT, the sooner you start the better chances you may have of having therapeutic testosterone levels, which may help with the stress and dealing with chemotherapy. Just a thought.

Lastly, I am sorry to hear that you had such a rough go the first time and often the mental/emotional/financial aspects of testicular cancer are more difficult than the physical challenges, so, you are not alone or haven't been in a situation that others haven't been in, if that makes sense.

You are correct in that you can have a good day, or not.

Wishing you the best.

Mike
        Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
        06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
        06.26.06 Left I/O
        06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
        06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
        Surveillance...
        Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
        6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Right on, Fordjarhead!! Would be great to hear more of your story... Take care, man
          July 2016 - Left I/O
          December 2016 - BEPx3
          All clear for 1 year!

My Testicular Cancer Support Kit
          First Oncologist Visit Checklist
          3 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Chemo
          3 Reasons Why People Disappear From Your Life During Cancer
          Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

Why haven't they started TRT yet? There is absolutely no reason to wait. My doc waited two weeks for no good reason & I was miserable. Don't let them do that to you.

Dave
            Last edited by Davepet; 09-16-18, 01:44 PM.
            Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
            Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

My next urologist appt is two weeks after surgery as well... speak to the doc on the 20th, lol. So im so hoping i can discuss some kind of TRT then... lol its so halarious, i cant even talk to my wife right without waves of heat pouring over me.. i truly understand how messed up hormones affect people now! Thats a fact jack! Long story short, i did BEP 4 yrs back when first diagnosed and the oncologist this time around is recommending it but will confirm on sept 24th. If he wants to go with BEP il fall in line with it. I believe its the worst chemical combination ever but i believe it works! Im going to try and atleast at a minimum stay in the hospital on treatment weeks. And come home on off weeks. I almost want to put together a daily chemo journal on here to read along or something. Im super curious of the pathology this time around.

Comment

That's rough, man! But if you already done 3 rounds of BEP before, should it be something else, like VIP or TIP?
                July 2016 - Left I/O
                December 2016 - BEPx3
                All clear for 1 year!

Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

You didn't mention, did you already have a CT scan showing that it has spread?

Also, call the doc & ask for trt to be started immediately. They simply have to send a prescription to the pharmacy, it's not like there is any doubt that you need it.

Comment

What is VIP or TIP therapy? Il have ask about it if so. From my best knowlege it hasnt spread but if pathology reveals embrynol again then most likely they will want to do some form of treatment.

Comment

If it hasn't spread, you don't need to worry about it, but if it has, these are types of chemo that are can be given after BEP if the cancer hasn't responded to it as well as it should or if it's a new cancer in the other testicle and it has spread beyond the testicle. In any case, I believe after BEP*3 you reach a lifetime dose of Bleo!
                      July 2016 - Left I/O
                      December 2016 - BEPx3
                      All clear for 1 year!

Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

Well i spoke to the urologist today, and they gave a testosterone shot and prescription for injections so that is taken care of! Woo hoo! But they havent finalized the pathology yet but have identified embryno cell and teratoma with YST. So on the 24th when i talk to the Oncologist i bet their will be some good discussions! Il report back for sure

Comment

Good to hear testosterone is sorted!! Hope all goes well with pathology
                          July 2016 - Left I/O
                          December 2016 - BEPx3
                          All clear for 1 year!

Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

Glad they finally got the TRT started, it's ridiculous they didn't start the day of surgery. Embryonal TC does not automatically mean further treatment is needed, it's just an aggressive TC & that means a higher chance of recurrence, especially if lympho-vascular invasion is identified. Waiting for the final report is difficult, but necessary.

Please keep us posted as you learn more.

Dave

Comment

Will do dave! I speak with the onc tomorrow so we will know the course of action then! Its so crazy how cancer is such a big deal but literally im working and trying to function as if nothing is really going on because the bills and rent keep coming! I think the stress of all of this is prolly worse than the cancer itself

Comment

Working...
                              X