Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Amy. I’m gonna put it to the back of my brain for now and concentrate on these last 5 days. I’m so close to being done. They already scheduled my port removal for the 25th of April. My birthday is one week later so I’m hoping to be healed up and surfing again by then.

Comment

It's very unusual to schedule port removal that soon, they usually like to wait a bit longer to make sure everything is OK.
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Since it was avjunct chemo they were ok with removing it on the 25 rather than waiting for my CT in July.

Comment

I finished my second and final round of EPx2 a week ago. I’m finally starting to come back to life now. On the last day they lowered the Cisplatin to 75% because of the ringing in my ears and my overall general well being. I wasn’t doing so well with it since it would technically be my 5th round of chemo.

Comment

AFP Elevation during Adjuvant Chemotherapy

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum, however, I have been following your posts since the day I was diagnosed.

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but I saw a similar issues here and thought that you might have an input into this.

I was diagnosed with 100% Embryonal Carcinoma with LVI + and I opted for the BEP x1 with the intention of putting my mind at rest more than surveillance. However, my AFP values are really concerning me.

When diagnosed my tumor markers were normal (AFP: 4.3 IU/ml / HCG <1 / LDH 145).

Pre-Chemo my AFP went lower (AFP: <1.1 IU/ml / HCG <1 / LDH 113)

However, as soon as I started my Chemo, the AFP started to rise again. One week into chemo the AFP was 2.7IU/ml (still in normal range) but the blood test before my last Bleo showed that my AFP was 9.6 IU/ml (over the normal range).

I am really scared that this could mean that I relapsed during my chemo. I am not sure if chemo affects the AFP levels and if the fact that chemo made me constipated for the first 10 days resulting in a lot of stomach and tummy aches together with acid reflux could have also affected my AFP levels.

Thank you for your help everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X