Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surfhb
    started a topic my seond coming up

my seond coming up

I can't believe I am writing this but I just got back from the ER and they did an UltraSound and said there is a definite mass growing on my survivor. I did BEP x3 for 80% EC and 20% sem (I think) back in 2013 and have been fine since. I am seeing my surgeon/urologist Wednesday after the holiday first thing but the urologist on call that works with him seems to think they would want to look at a partial orchiectomy since it does look promising to him. The other part of my testicle is still squishy and normal. It isn't like my first one that it was all rock hard. I was also a stage 3 with a lump in my neck too though I guess.

Well thanks in advance for the help. Happy New Year.

• surfhb
    replied
    I finished my second and final round of EPx2 a week ago. I’m finally starting to come back to life now. On the last day they lowered the Cisplatin to 75% because of the ringing in my ears and my overall general well being. I wasn’t doing so well with it since it would technically be my 5th round of chemo.

Leave a comment:

• surfhb
    replied
    I finished my second and final round of EPx2 a week ago. I’m finally starting to come back to life now. On the last day they lowered the Cisplatin to 75% because of the ringing in my ears and my overall general well being. I wasn’t doing so well with it since it would technically be my 5th round of chemo.

Leave a comment:

• surfhb
    replied
    Since it was avjunct chemo they were ok with removing it on the 25 rather than waiting for my CT in July.

Leave a comment:

• Davepet
    replied
    It's very unusual to schedule port removal that soon, they usually like to wait a bit longer to make sure everything is OK.

Leave a comment:

• surfhb
    replied
    Thanks Amy. I’m gonna put it to the back of my brain for now and concentrate on these last 5 days. I’m so close to being done. They already scheduled my port removal for the 25th of April. My birthday is one week later so I’m hoping to be healed up and surfing again by then.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Bi
    replied
    Hi surfhb,

Please calm down, my son had this situation as well during his BEPx3 , first and second round. I almost worried to the roof when I saw his LDH and AFP fluctuated, i cried and could not eat and sleep. But they are all back to normal when and before the Chemo end came. My son was only bhcg elevated when he started BEPx3. It is common, don’t worry please, wait and see, all will be normal.

Best wishes

Amy, Ran’s mom

Leave a comment:

• surfhb
    replied
    Thanks everyone for the replies. It’s hard not to freak out about this even with them being in the normal range. A slight increase yes but almost double seemed to me to be a lot. I really hope they don’t start climbing now that I’m 5 days from being done with this.

Leave a comment:

• Davepet
    replied
    It's too soon to worry, first, your markers are still in the normal range, and the reason there is a "normal range" is that the level fluctuate from time to time. Second, it is pretty common for some markers to rise as the cancer cells die off & release the proteins. This normally happens during round one & than the numbers come back down.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• biwi
    replied
    I would not be concerned. Being still in the normal range I'm sure those are byproducts of the stress on your body from chemo. I would even expect LDH to reach elevated levels, since it is an indicator of cell turnover, not of cancer specifically. LDH can raise after strenuous exercise or tissue damage as well.

Leave a comment:

• Harxxony
    replied
    I'm sure you don't have to worry about it. As your primary TC didn't cause marker's elevation, there is no point that reccurence would. Don't know much about LDH, but AFP must be over 20-30 to be considered cancer related. I'm no expert, but my best guess is that this elevation is related to chemo. AFP is liver related thing, and liver must be sensitive to chemo for sure.

Leave a comment:

• surfhb
    replied
    Ok so kinda freaking out this morning. My LDH and AFP are both up right now. We started with the tumor markers when I was diagnosed on 12/31.

AFP was 1.8, 1.8, 1.9, 1.7 with Ref Range & Units being 0 - 6.7 ng/mL. My AFP as of yesterday is 3.4.

LDH was 126, 118 and is now 243 with Ref Range & Units being 140.0 - 271.0 u/L.

We did the blood tumor markers again because I am starting my second and final round of Adjuvant EPx2.

Does anyone know if it is normal for AFP to double like that while still staying in the normal range? I keep telling myself it is in the normal range but Im worried now that 2xEP may not be enough to kill everything in my system. My last CT scan showed No Evidence of Disease and it was neck, abdomen, pelvis and chest.

Thanks for helping me during this freakout.

Leave a comment:

• surfhb
    replied
    If you are ever on the west coast I will definitely take you surfing. Been to Costa 7 times but more on a kick north and south of there the past 5-6 years.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    That is great to hear that they are able to arrange for you to get treatments closer to home as that had to be a huge pain to drive both ways. I'm not sure that I would reduce the dose just because, but that is obviously up to you and the doc. Once you get all this sorted then perhaps we need to plan a trip to Costa Rica to celebrate. The water is much warmer there. Haha. I spent some time down there surfing before and after my diagnosis.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• surfhb
    replied
    Originally posted by biwi View Post
    Do some searching on here, there are some folks that have tried having their feet in cold water or such during chemo and felt that it helped? As long as it doesn't change the effectiveness of the chemo its worth a shot trying some things to prevent the neuropathy.
    It’s funny you say that because I was thinking of bringing a small cooler with ice and just letting my feet hang above it to cool them down. As soon as I’m done with treatment each day I can go stand in the ocean for 30 minutes and the water is still 55 here in so cal. I’m hoping that will help. I know they also make “cold caps” gloves for fingers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X