X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Write another 2X Warrior!

Hi everyone. Thanks for being there, being here...
    My name is Han. I have testicular cancer and i am gonna beat it!

How can i start..?

In 1988, i was born in a small mountain village west of Turkey. My parents were tobacco farmers that times and they noticed a little late my undescenned right testical. When i was three years old the town hospital doctors tried to operate it but unfortunately not very successful. It was always small and motionless at the top of my scrotum. In 2016 they took out it this time at a big university hospital. It was seminoma and there was not any cancer at another place. I was clean that moment. So doctors tactic was "wait an see". So i started to go regular checks first monthly, after three montly and then six monthly.
    In 2018 some lymph nodes began to grow in my right inguinal area. In 2019 one of them reached 2,5 cm. Second one is just 1,5 cmx0,75 cm. Doctors took out big one April 2019 and they said they could not find little one! Anyway pathology report said this lymph node was sominoma metastasis. So this time my urologist send me to oncologist. The oncologist wanted some workups like blood tests, CT, US and MRI. Then they found 3,5 cmx2 cm mass at my left testical in MRI scan Plus a couple lymph nodes (about 1 cm) at my right inguinal area. Plus a couple little nodes at right obturator chain which totally 5 cmx2,5 cm.
    The oncologist said me that they were planning 3xBEP before MRI. Today my urologist said they will immediately make my left IO after tomorrow. Well, it seems i will join the clup after tomorrow.. Then my chemotherapy will start.

I know i will be ok. Life is good. Life is short. Birds are singing and flying and of course ****ting too
    My name is Han. I have testicular cancer and i am gonna beat it!

Sorry to hear that,but welcome to the club
    I'm already used to it,there is almost no difference.
    Good luck .
    Right I/O, teratoma Left I/O,seminoma

Comment

Hi Han, Hope your surgery went well. Please make sure you are getting testosterone ASAP. Ideally when you have the surgery. Ask them to check your tumor markers a week later if they aren't going to do that.

Comment

Thanks and thanks dear 2X Warrrior friends.
        Of course they will check my tumor markers next week.

Meantime my other urologist said that start TRT after 3XBEP. It means nearly three months! I can not stand that time. Could anyone stand three months?

Comment

I hope that someone with more knowledge than me answers you. I was under the impression that chemo lowered your testosterone levels, so I think that your body not producing any as it is without chemo is going to be very difficult. Chemo is also difficult. But you can do it, so stay strong.

Comment

Originally posted by han35 View Post
            Meantime my other urologist said that start TRT after 3XBEP. It means nearly three months! I can not stand that time. Could anyone stand three months?
            Absolutely unacceptable. 3 months with no TRT will be hell. You will survive fine going a week or two without, but after that things will start going downhill. Be adamant about starting TRT ASAP after the orchiectomy. If he doesn't understand why, find another doc for the TRT aspect. Once you are post ochiectomy and being seen by an oncologist, your urologist is pretty much out of the picture anyway. I had to switch urology clinics last fall because they mishandled my TRT injection scheduling twice in a row.
            6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
            6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
            7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
            7/13/15: begin 4xEP, end 9/18/15
            10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
            10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
            4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
            4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
            4/15/19: all clears up to this date!

Comment

Hi everyone my operation was two hours ago and i am ok now. My real urologist said me to start TRT after one week. It was a good news He recommended an endo too.

Comment

Great, that sounds more appropriate!
                6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
                6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
                7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
                7/13/15: begin 4xEP, end 9/18/15
                10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
                10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
                4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
                4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
                4/15/19: all clears up to this date!

Comment

Been 40 days without TRT,no fun it that.
                  But in my country I could get TRT without doc,there is plenty bodybuilders buying somehow.
                  Didn't know back then.
                  Last edited by axe900; 05-31-19, 03:47 PM.
                  Right I/O, teratoma Left I/O,seminoma

Comment

Working...
                  X