X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fwad
    • Aug 2011

All Clear But One Question About Sperm?

hi there tc cancer forum users i hope all of you are good...
    I've paid a visit to my surgeon and he said the pathology reports were are clear, they were found out to be tetromas. Than he said the chances are really really low of me getting it back. By the way I was diagnosed with non seminoma and have chemotherapy for 4 months, four cycles, and now had my RPLND seven weeks ago, but still had no ejaculation, I mean it is kind of embracing to tell but, I've tried couple of times, had the sensation like before but this time nothing came (sperm). My surgeon had told me they would be cutting some of my nerves that have to do with the ejaculation, but after the surgery he said they didn't get there so there should be any problem, I could still be a father and have ejaculation coming out. I don't understand why this is happening though, is there anyone who can tell me more about this please. I mean is there some sort of time line or anything? or something else.

thank you in advance
  • julesTO
    • Jul 2010

It's possible that they were not able to spare your nerves, in which case this functionality unfortunately will not come back. If they definitely did spare the nerves it can sometimes take a year or more to get the functionality back, so 7 weeks without function is certainly not unusual. Did you bank sperm before your chemo?
    Husband Shaun diagnosed March 2010. AFP 4571, HCG 3340.
    6cm x 6cm x 8cm retroperitoneal mass + 1cm nodule in right lung.
    Stage IIIb, Intermediate Risk.
    Left I/O March 9/10: 75% EC, 20% Teratoma, 5% Yolk Sac + Seminoma.
    3xBEP + 1xEP March 15 - May 21/10: markers normal.
    Bilateral RPLND July 28/10: 9.5 x 7 x 4.5cm mass, teratoma only.
    Chylous Ascites Aug/Sep.
    November 2012 All Clear
    Continuously monitoring 0.9 x 1.7cm omental nodule (possible fat necrosis)

www.teamshaun.wordpress.com

Comment

• Fwad
      • Aug 2011

Thank you for your reply
      And yes I have banked sperm but I m only 19 years old . The doctor did say they ve spared my nerves i m just worried about not recovering back.

Comment

• julesTO
        • Jul 2010

Since you've banked sperm, you can be a father in any case so that's great. If they told you they spared the nerves I would imagine it'll come back eventually but again, be prepared to wait awhile (i.e. even a year or more).
        Husband Shaun diagnosed March 2010. AFP 4571, HCG 3340.
        6cm x 6cm x 8cm retroperitoneal mass + 1cm nodule in right lung.
        Stage IIIb, Intermediate Risk.
        Left I/O March 9/10: 75% EC, 20% Teratoma, 5% Yolk Sac + Seminoma.
        3xBEP + 1xEP March 15 - May 21/10: markers normal.
        Bilateral RPLND July 28/10: 9.5 x 7 x 4.5cm mass, teratoma only.
        Chylous Ascites Aug/Sep.
        November 2012 All Clear
        Continuously monitoring 0.9 x 1.7cm omental nodule (possible fat necrosis)

www.teamshaun.wordpress.com

Comment

• Scott
          Administrator
          • Jul 2003

Give it some more time before assuming antegrade (forward) ejaculation won't return. As julesTO said, it can take months -- which was my experience.
          Scott
          right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

• SpaceWife
            • Mar 2011

My husband had the RPLND in April, and it still hasn't come back. Doc said it was normal, even though the nerves were spared.

Comment

• Fwad
              • Aug 2011

Thank you all for your replies and hopes. I hope it does come back, I ll be seen my surgean this Friday I'll ask him once more. Once again thank you for taking time and answering my question I hope you all to have a great day

Comment

Working...
              X