If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
We made the front page of our local paper. All looking good since September!!
Husband diagnosed march '11 -Beta HCG Levels 2.3 million
- Stage 3c chirocarcinoma -Abdo, lungs and brain mets
- Brain hemmorage, stroke -4x EP chemo ending with BHCG11
- July '11 start 4x VeIP rounds chemo
- Stem cell harvesting failed July '11, (no stem cells to collect)
- September end of chemo, BHCG less than 3
- Follow up PET, CT, MRI clear. BHCG less than 3
- Lung surgery in Dec11. 20 tumors removed from right lung
- April12, no change, BHCG still at less than 3. Looking goodsigpic
Brilliant article Loz - love it!! You and Bill have been through an amazing journey and are a shining example of what is possible!
Thanks for sharing it.
Cancer pharmacologist, caregiver blog here
Wife to Kel, dx 12/30/11 Stage IIIc (poor) embyronal, AFP 13700, 10x11 cm retroperitoneal mass, 1 cm^2 lung met
Left I/O 12/31/10.
4xBEP 1-4/11, AFP=22, 5*7 RP mass, tx failed
1.5 x VeIP 5-6/11; tx failed, AFP/b-hCG rising
Salvage RPLND @Indy 6/29/11, metastatic mixed germ cell tumor with yolk sac, seminoma and teratoma
Remission! AFP steady since 9/2011; 2+ years ALL CLEAR