X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost One Year Cleared.... Little Worried / Paranoid

Its almost been a year since being diagnosed with Stage 1S testicular cancer, Im still worried if not scared about the other one

... i know that the doctor is still saying all clear, blood work, CT scan, and Chest x-ray show all clear also while still under subservience, i wrote this post just to gain answers to a few questions.

1) when showering i feel my right testicle and i always get paranoid about it, like i know the testicle is in different positions (dropped or up) but it scares me because i do not know if it grows or shrank.
    2) Is is also normal that i get really paranoid when doing self exams that i have nothing to compare it to (it makes me feel like that i do not know that normal is because i haven't really memorized that a testicle is suppose to look like (size-wise) before the cancer.

These are my questions and if i have more, ill post more later... Any advice helps...

Concerns and paranoia about the health of #2 is all normal. Been there and done that. At two points in the past year I've aggravated my left inguinal hernia, which is the "surviving" side, and the pain from that feels 90% the same as when I had been diagnosed with TC on the right side, because all of the nerves in that area are interconnected. I had to get an ultrasound to confirm everything was okay. I had been giving myself daily self-exams for awhile, terrified there was something there but couldn't ever feel anything. Eventually the anxiety went away. More all clears under your belt always helps.
    StevePake.com | Please follow me on Gab
    (Social Media with actual privacy, cancer support groups, encrypted secure chat & more)

Feb 2011, Stage IIB, 4xEP, RPLND, PTSD
    My Survivorship Thread | All of my Blogs
    C
    ONTACT ME ANYTIME! http://www.tc-cancer.com/forum/core/...lies/smile.png

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by S P View Post
      Concerns and paranoia about the health of #2 is all normal. Been there and done that. At two points in the past year I've aggravated my left inguinal hernia, which is the "surviving" side, and the pain from that feels 90% the same as when I had been diagnosed with TC on the right side, because all of the nerves in that area are interconnected. I had to get an ultrasound to confirm everything was okay. I had been giving myself daily self-exams for awhile, terrified there was something there but couldn't ever feel anything. Eventually the anxiety went away. More all clears under your belt always helps.

Thank you very much, i really find this helpful and supportive

Comment

Working...
      X