Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeeehaw all clear baby!

Hi All,

I had my follow up with my doctor today and my scans look good. All of the nodes have responded to the 3XBEP. I have to go back in two weeks for an LDH test because it was elevated slightly past normal but, I told my doctor I went for a 6-mile walk yesterday and my legs were sore. She said it is probably from that but wants to be sure, just in case. Other than that everything looks clear!

Great news, best wishes for many more "all clears" to come.

Comment

Congratulations Daniel! Great news!

Comment

Congratulations Daniel! Great news!

Comment

Congratulations Daniel, well done, back to normal life!

Comment

Congratulations Daniel!!!!! You just made my day!!! And it's great to hear that you did a six mile walk too, that's inspiration for me to really get in gear with the exercise now that I'm done with chemo too. Also looking forward to grabbing an "all clear beer" once I (hopefully) get similar news in a few weeks.

Congrats again!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats!!
              3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 11/16/17 All Clear! AFP continues to drop!

Comment

Congratulations Daniel!!!!! You just made my day!!! And it's great to hear that you did a six mile walk too, that's inspiration for me to really get in gear with the exercise now that I'm done with chemo too. Also looking forward to grabbing an "all clear beer" once I (hopefully) get similar news in a few weeks.

Congrats again!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats Daniel - fantastic news!!
                  Mom to Zachary - dx. at the age of 15 - Stage IIIC mixed germ cell
                  5.10.17 - Initial diagnosis
                  Baseline markers: BhCG: 43,882 AFP: 138 LDH: 328

5.16.17 - Left Radical orchiectomy (total tumor size 7x5x4cm)
                  5.31.17 - CT Scan showed mets to retroperitoneal LNs (5.7x6.4x9.4cm, 1.7x2.6x3.5cm, 3.1x4.5x6.1cm)
                  PATH: Mixed germ cell (75% teratoma, 15% embryonal ca, 8% yolk sac tumor, & 2% trophoblastic tumor) Spermatic cord margin, neg. Germ cell neoplasia in situ present.

Post-op markers: BhCG: 73,837 AFP: 38 LDH: 412

BEP#1 6.9.17 BhCG:77,721, AFP 34
                  BEP#2 7.3.17 BhCG: 210, AFP: 6
                  BEP#3 7.24.17 BhCG: 19 AFP: 3
                  BEP#4 8.14.17 BhCG: 4.59 AFP: 5

8.28.17 BhCG 2.46, AFP 6
                  9.7.17 BhCG 1.78, AFP 3

RPLND 9.14.17 - path report showed 100% teratoma in nodes removed! ALL CLEAR!

Comment

thanks guys, the 6 mile walk wasn't too bad. I took some breaks of course, can't over do it right away!

Comment

Congrats mate!
                      24 year old diagnosed 6/11/16
                      Pre/o markers 9/11/16 - HCG 15, AFP 210, LDH 539
                      Pre/o CT Clear
                      Non-seminoma (80% embryonal carcinoma, 10% yolk sac tumour, 5% chorea carcinoma, 5% seminoma)
                      Post-op markers - 14/12/16 - HCG 35, AFP 1050, LDH 430
                      Post-op CT with one enlarged lymph node - 1.5x1cm
                      Borderline stage 2B/3B
                      BEPx3 started 15/12/16 (Borderline BEPx4 - Advise of Dr. E to only do 3 rounds)
                      CT and markers clear - in remission - 28/2/16

Comment

Great news. Congratulations and all the best for a speedy back to life

Comment

DANIEL~ Great news!!! Glad to hear.
                          Son Grant
                          dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
                          Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
                          2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
                          Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.
                          Grant is enjoying his senior year in High School Cancer Free!

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X