X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 months all clear and lung collapse

I am so happy to let you know that Joe has got his first 3 months all clear today!!!!!!! most of you can relate to what I am feeling. Thank you for your support that means so much to me. I believe that your thoughts and good wishes matter. The only negative info we got from the results was that one of the lungs is still partially collapsed. We understand this is chemo side effect (Joe had BEPx3) but oncologist was not sure. Anyone had that? how long for?

Congrats! Happy for you!
    24 year old diagnosed 6/11/16
    Pre/o markers 9/11/16 - HCG 15, AFP 210, LDH 539
    Pre/o CT Clear
    Non-seminoma (80% embryonal carcinoma, 10% yolk sac tumour, 5% chorea carcinoma, 5% seminoma)
    Post-op markers - 14/12/16 - HCG 35, AFP 1050, LDH 430
    Post-op CT with one enlarged lymph node - 1.5x1cm
    Borderline stage 2B/3B
    BEPx3 started 15/12/16 (Borderline BEPx4 - Advise of Dr. E to only do 3 rounds)
    CT and markers clear - in remission - 28/2/16

Comment

Thank you Nish, appreciated!

Comment

JOESMUM~​FANTASTIC news about all clear!!!!!! Yay for Joe & you!!!! Sorry to hear about lung collapse- hopefully someone can chime in about that. But, if no one knows here I would email Dr. E.
        17 year old Grant dx 12/21/16
        pre/o markers 12/21/16- HCG:1065.15,AFP:298.8,LDH:1119
        pre/o CT Scan 12/22/16 normal
        r/o 12/22/16
        Post r/o Elevated Markers with INCREASE 4 weeks post r/o;
        PATHLOGY: mixed maligent germ cell 8.6 x 6.2 x 5.9 cm

-80% Embryonal, 10% Yolk Sac, 5% Teratoma, 5% Choriocarcinoma w/LVI within Spermatic Cord and invasion into Rete Testis
        2nd CT scan on 1/24/17 3 nodes 2 over 2.5, one over 3.5
        BEP x 3 1/27/17
        Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
        2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
        Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: pathlogy Teratoma , 3 large masses removed

Comment

I haven't heard about lung collapse due to chemo, does he have any symptoms (shortness of breath?)

Congrats on the 3 monthversary.
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Thank you very much Trekga and Davepet! Dave, he has tightness in the chest. We thought it was heart related, but might be related to the lung. The oncologist said that no treatment is required...

Comment

Hi Joesmum congrats on the three-month All Clear. I am still having some lung issues, mostly shortness of breath during/after conversations and obviously while doing some light physical tasks. My Oncologist told me my lung function did slightly dimish but should come back over time, though they don't know how long that is.

Comment

Hi Daniel, thank you very much for letting me know! If I remember correctly, you have just finished your chemo? Still, it's very important to get a confirmation that lung issues are common or at least can occur... Hope you recover soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel_Eye View Post
                  Hi Joesmum congrats on the three-month All Clear. I am still having some lung issues, mostly shortness of breath during/after conversations and obviously while doing some light physical tasks. My Oncologist told me my lung function did slightly dimish but should come back over time, though they don't know how long that is.
                  Energy levels and stamina will be at an all-time-low right after chemo. I know with 4xEP I couldn't take a single flight of stairs without huffing and puffing like crazy. Now ~2 years later I take two steps at a time up 5 flights of stairs every day to get into work, and I'm barely winded.
                  6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
                  6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
                  7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
                  7/13/15 - 9/18/15: 4xEP
                  10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
                  10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
                  4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
                  4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
                  5/10/17 all clears up to this date!

Comment

JOESMUM~ How is your son doing? No follow up for collapsed lung?
                    17 year old Grant dx 12/21/16
                    pre/o markers 12/21/16- HCG:1065.15,AFP:298.8,LDH:1119
                    pre/o CT Scan 12/22/16 normal
                    r/o 12/22/16
                    Post r/o Elevated Markers with INCREASE 4 weeks post r/o;
                    PATHLOGY: mixed maligent germ cell 8.6 x 6.2 x 5.9 cm

-80% Embryonal, 10% Yolk Sac, 5% Teratoma, 5% Choriocarcinoma w/LVI within Spermatic Cord and invasion into Rete Testis
                    2nd CT scan on 1/24/17 3 nodes 2 over 2.5, one over 3.5
                    BEP x 3 1/27/17
                    Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
                    2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
                    Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: pathlogy Teratoma , 3 large masses removed

Comment

Working...
                    X