X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Clear!

I'm a little late, but as of the 2nd of this month I am all clear! The pathology on my lymph nodes came back negative for any cancer, what a relief! With any luck hopefully this little experience will be behind me and life can get back to normal.

Moving forward, I would like to create a detailed post to share my RPLND experience and hopefully provide as much insight as possible to those potentially facing it. I also plan to detail the financial side of my TC experience to share with others out there. This forum always showed up in my google searches so hopefully the information will find its way to people looking for it! These posts will likely take more than one sitting so please please pester me if they don't show up! These types of things have a way of getting away from you, so hold me to it lol.

Congratulations. This is such great news to hear and cheers to many more healthy years!!!

Mike
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Originally posted by iamstaley View Post
      Moving forward, I would like to create a detailed post to share my RPLND experience and hopefully provide as much insight as possible to those potentially facing it.
      First CONGRATULATIONS on the all clear!! And please do share y our RPLND experience when you can - my 16 year old will be having surgery in the fall.
      Mom to Zachary - dx. at the age of 15 - Stage IIIC mixed germ cell
      5.10.17 - Initial diagnosis
      Baseline markers: BhCG: 43,882 AFP: 138 LDH: 328

5.16.17 - Left Radical orchiectomy (total tumor size 7x5x4cm)
      5.31.17 - CT Scan showed mets to retroperitoneal LNs (5.7x6.4x9.4cm, 1.7x2.6x3.5cm, 3.1x4.5x6.1cm)
      PATH: Mixed germ cell (75% teratoma, 15% embryonal ca, 8% yolk sac tumor, & 2% trophoblastic tumor) Spermatic cord margin, neg. Germ cell neoplasia in situ present.

Post-op markers: BhCG: 73,837 AFP: 38 LDH: 412

BEP#1 6.9.17 BhCG:77,721, AFP 34
      BEP#2 7.3.17 BhCG: 210, AFP: 6
      BEP#3 7.24.17 BhCG: 19 AFP: 3
      BEP#4 8.14.17 BhCG: 4.59 AFP: 5

8.28.17 BhCG 2.46, AFP 6
      9.7.17 BhCG 1.78, AFP 3

RPLND 9.14.17 - path report showed 100% teratoma in nodes removed! ALL CLEAR!

Comment

Thank you to both of you! Man has time been getting away from me! With work and all of this sun it's been hard to get on here and post lol.

TC Mom, I will share my RPLND experience sooner or later.... I've got it all outlined but I still need my wife to help me fill in the pieces. She was in a better state than I during that time

Comment

Working...
        X