Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello - New to group - My experience

Hello All,

This is my first post to this site, but I am a frequent viewer. It has been very helpful.

I had my left I/O on 3/10/17 and it was found to be 50% Seminoma, 40% Teratoma, and 10% Yolk Sac. The CT scan was all clear and was given the 3 usual options. I chose to do the RPLND on 4/12/17 by Dr. Michael Cookson at OU medical. He is one of the doctors of excellence. I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Cookson and his staff. They did a full bilateral RPLND removing 85 lymph nodes which were all negative. He was also able to spare my nerve, so I am feeling very lucky and good about that. I was in the hospital for a total of 4 nights and off of work for 4 weeks before returning full time. The hardest part of RPLND recovery was the 3 weeks of no fat diet and just the loneliness of being home all the time without much interaction to the outside world. My wife has been amazing through all of this as she stayed by my side all 4 nights in the hospital and I couldn't imagine going through this without her.

I am going back for my next follow up on 7/28 for blood tests and x-rays. I just have to say this has been a crazy time filled with emotions, but I feel very positive that me and everyone else on here can beat this.

Thanks for listening!

-Jake

Sorry to welcome you here Jake, but it sounds like things are going in the right direction for you! Your experience sounds very similar to my own, you will have to let us know how those results come back.Wish you the best of luck!

Comment

Thanks! It does look like we have a similar experience. Congrats on the all clear! I am hoping for the same and many more to come!! I also want to share my experience with the RPLND with anyone who is curious.

Comment

Working...
      X