X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expecting A Baby :)

I wanted to share good news! I just had my 6 month ct scan and blood work check up and everything was clear! My doctor was also very surprised when we showed up and my wife was 3 months pregnant! I had a full bilateral RPLND in March, and was lucky my Dr was able to spare the nerve. In July at my 3 month check up he told me in can take as long as 2 years to conceive because of all the trauma. We actually found out we were pregnant 2 weeks after my 3 month check up. Our baby is due in April, and we find out the gender on November 21st!

Congrats, Jake!! I'm super happy for you and your wife!

It's a whole different level of emotions going to your oncology appointments with a pregnant wife. I feel ya. My wife gave birth just after my 5 month scan.
    11/16/16 Went to primary care complaining of testicular pain. Wrongly diagnosed with epididymitis. Told not to worry, it'll go away on its own.
    12/8/16 Diagnosed with TC in left testicle.
    12/9/16 Left I/O.
    1/5/17 Tumor Markers officially back to normal -- Stage 1A with 70% EC.
    1/26/17 Robotic RPLND using left MSKCC template as primary treatment.
    2/2/17 Pathology results: pN0. No current evidence of cancer. They say I still have a 10% relapse chance.

Comment

Congratulations!!! What a miracle, and a blessing to you and your wife. Please update us after 11/21.
      17 year old son Grant dx 12/21/16
      pre/o markers 12/21/16- HCG:1065.15,AFP:298.8,LDH:1119
      pre/o CT Scan 12/22/16 normal
      r/o 12/22/16
      Post r/o Elevated Markers with INCREASE 4 weeks post r/o;
      PATHLOGY: mixed maligent germ cell 8.6 x 6.2 x 5.9 cm

-80% Embryonal, 10% Yolk Sac, 5% Teratoma, 5% Choriocarcinoma w/LVI within Spermatic Cord and invasion into Rete Testis
      2nd CT scan on 1/24/17 3 nodes 2 over 2.5, one over 3.5
      BEP x 3 1/27/17
      Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
      2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
      Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Thank you! It is such a blessing indeed. We are so excited!

Congrats to you and your wife Unotesticulo! That is fantastic! You are right, it is a different level of emotions indeed.

Comment

Working...
        X