• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brummett_
    • Nov 2017

Scar Tissue Or Cancer?

Hi,
    So a few months ago I went back for my first Checkup after my Rplnd and Chemo. There my doctor told me everything came back normal with the pathology report not coming back. We got a call that night saying the pathology report came back showing something in my lymph nodes. My Chemo doctor showed my doctor that did my rplnd amd they both think its Scar tissue but cant really tell till my next checkup ( which is in a week). Can the people from pathology be wrong? Should i be worried?

Thank you!

Jacob Brummett
  • biwi
    • Jun 2015

Can you put all the events/notices in chronological order? I'm a little unsure based on what you have written when the RPLND was in relation to your chemo treatment, as well as when the lymph nodes were biopsied and if that was during RPLND or at some other time.
    6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
    6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
    7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
    7/13/15: begin 4xEP, end 9/18/15
    10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
    10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
    4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
    4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
    10/22/19: all clears up to this date!
    4/8/24: stopped monitoring something like 2 years ago, still all clear!

Comment

• Mike
      Administrator
      • Apr 2008

Hi Jacob,

I am a little confused as to what is going on as well and it may just be the way that the doctors communicated with you. When they said that there was something showing, was this in the pathology report itself or the results of a CT scan? The pathology report shouldn't have taken that long to get back. I think obviously you will know more with the check up next week but something seems amiss if they are saying the pathology is OK and then saying there is something there. Again, it might all just be bad communication too.

Mike
      Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
      06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
      06.26.06 Left I/O
      06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
      06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
      Surveillance...
      Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
      6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

• Trekga
        • Jan 2017

Let us know what your find out at your next appointment.
        Son Grant
        dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
        Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
        2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
        Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

• Brummett_
          • Nov 2017

Sorry about the confusion. It was the results on the ct scan. At first my doctor told me he sees nothing, but later he called and said the people that offically check my ct scans said they saw something if that makes sense? He showed my surgeon that did my rplnd and they both thinks its probably just scar tissue? Should i be worried? Appointemnt is tommorow!

As for me Treatment:
          Had my Right testical removed Decmeber 2nd, 2016
          The found 95% teratoma and the resk was yolk sac and embryonal carcinoma
          Did 3 rounds of BEP starting in late December and finished late febuary
          Ct scans showed my lmyph nodes have gotten larger and they should do an rplnd
          Rplnd late march
          Survalliance since

All of this was done at IU health

Comment

• Trekga
            • Jan 2017

Deep breath. Praying that you have good results.How long has it been since your RPLND? May I ask who you see at IU?
            Son Grant
            dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
            Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
            2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
            Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

• biwi
              • Jun 2015

You are in good hands at Indiana University. I wouldn't be overly concerned. Please let us know how your appointment went!
              6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
              6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
              7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
              7/13/15: begin 4xEP, end 9/18/15
              10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
              10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
              4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
              4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
              10/22/19: all clears up to this date!
              4/8/24: stopped monitoring something like 2 years ago, still all clear!

Comment

Working...
              X