Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exercise after RPLND

Hi,

I was looking for some information as to exercising after an open RPLND. I had the operation 9 weeks ago.

Thanks

Generally, your doc is the best person to answer that, however, at 9 weeks out, if you take it slow and listen carefully to what your body is telling you you can probably start once you feel up to it. Just be sure to not push hard.If you overdo it, you WILL pay the price.Something like walking is probably a good place to start.

Dave
    Last edited by Davepet; 12-20-17, 11:20 PM.
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Yeah, talk to your surgeon and follow their guidelines, and just listen to your body and don't do anything dumb. You'll obviously need to avoid anything that works the abs for awhile while your body heals. Plenty of walking is good. You can probably do some light jogging and other such things.
      Young Adult Cancer Survivorship by Steve Pake
      www.stevepake.com
      https://www.facebook.com/yacancerbysteve/
      Feb 2011, Stage IIB, 4xEP, RPLND, PTSD
      My Survivorship Thread | All of my Blogs
      C
      ONTACT ME ANYTIME!

Comment

Concur- ask your Dr., but my son was told by his Dr. to wait 6-8 weeks for strenuous exercise like mountain biking. My son did resume hiking and road bike riding within 3 weeks post surgery. He did not partake in kayaking, nor swimming at overnight summer camp since it was only 4 weeks later.
        Hope you are healing well.
        Son Grant
        dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
        Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
        2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
        Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.
        Grant is enjoying his senior year in High School Cancer Free!

Comment

Working...
        X