X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockNRoll
    • May 2012

10 year all-clear!

Never imagined I'd hit this milestone, but I'm grateful to be able to be here to celebrate.

Background: I had a dx of pure seminoma back in 2010.

Surgery in 2010. Relapse.
    Radiation therapy in 2011. Relapse.
    Chemotherapy in 2012.

And I've been in remission ever since.

Question-- is your "cure" date the 5-year anniversary of the day you *started* treatment, or the day you *finished* treatment?

I believe my oncologist mentioned years ago that you're declared "cured" 5 years to the day of the *beginning* of your treatment (ie. Day 1 of chemotherapy). But I don't recall, and thought I would get some perspective of what others here may know.

Regardless, I'm well past the "cure" date and am appreciating life and living in the present.

Sending positive vibes to you all on your own journeys. ✌️
    March 2013 - LDH 400-700s; WBC 39,000; Bone Marrow Biopsy
    March 2013 - Dx: Chronic Myeloid Leukemia; Tx: 100mg/ Sprycel daily: Surveillance
    August 2013: 1-Year Remission Milestone!
  • Mike
    Administrator
    • Apr 2008

Congratulation on your 10 year Cancerversary!!! Wonderful to hear.

I don't think dates are set in stone. I track the day that I had my orchiectomy, the date I got my own diagnosis (as I had requested my own medical records) and the next day my doctor told me my diagnosis. I went on surveillance though. I think the important dates are the dates that are important to you. Sure there are some milestones such as having perhaps lower risk of relapse at some points in time but really to me, it is the date that is important to you.

Just my take.

Mike
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

• RockNRoll
      • May 2012

Thanks for the reply, Mike!

That makes sense. Everyone's cancer journey, dates, experiences, etc. are unique and important to that person. I'm just so happy and grateful to have survived it all and be able to reflect on it. I am really appreciative of the community here... this site has been a huge help to me and my psychological well-being, and hopefully I can add my success story to so many others here to help out the new generation of survivors.

All the best to you and your continued health success, Mike. I'm looking forward to many more years (decades) of good health alongside you and everyone else. 🤘

Cheers,

-Chris
      March 2013 - Dx: Chronic Myeloid Leukemia; Tx: 100mg/ Sprycel daily: Surveillance

Comment

• ralphsong
        • Mar 2022

congratulations!
        03.01.2021 Diagnosed with TC, 2cm*1.5cm
        03.16.2021 Left I/O
        03.26.2021 Pathology report: Stage I Seminoma
        Surveillance...​

Comment

• RockNRoll
          • May 2012

Thanks, ralphsong! ✌️

Comment

Working...
          X