X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 months all clear

OK, I didn't get official results yet, but both ultrasound and MR docs said that everything looks all right. 16 months seems as an important milestone. Slowly starting to feel as a survivor.
    45yo, left I/O 07/30/2018, T1 pure seminoma, surveillance...
    Waiting...

Woot woot!
    Great news!
    I know what you mean about "starting" to feel like a survivor, I'm only about a year ahead of you on the schedule, and the feeling gets more real with each passing day.

I just got through my 2.5 year check (just a quick feel and a discussion) yesterday, all turned out well ;-)
    Painless lump 5/18/2017
    Orchidectomy June 2017 (4.5cm, rete testis involvement)
    Chemo Summer 2017 (2x7AUC carboplatin)
    No evidence of relapse since, but plenty of anxiety about it.

I'm also an epidemiologist, and a professor at a medical school (with NO training in oncology), oh, and gay, too.

Comment

Im happy to hear the good news. Keep it coming.

Comment

Thank you for the good news, and keep it forever!
        Son Ran, 24 years old, 25th May 2018 diagnosed NSGCT. 28th May 2018 right orchiectomy. Pathology:50% EC, 30% Teratoma,20% Yolk sac. CTs: 1 retroperitoneal lymph node 0.7mm Tumor markers: AFP 497, bhcg 19, LDH normal Normalized after R/O. Stage 1, surveillance 17th September 2018, Bhcg elevated up to 5.6 AFP and LDH normal, CT stable. 4th November bhcg up to 28, AFP and LDH normal. BEPx3 started and 2nd January 2019 BEP finished with Tumor markers normalized. 13th February 2019 CT scan showed 1 retroperitoneal lymph node enlarged up to 1.1 cm with normal tumor markers. RPLND : 03/14 2019@IU Dr.Cary Pathology report: one lymph node from 57 is Teretoma .Back to surveillance 05/02/19 Blood work all normal

08/23/2019 Bloodwork, Abdomen CT and Chest X-ray all normal

Comment

Congratulations!! Awesome news!!!

Mike
          Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
          06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
          06.26.06 Left I/O
          06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
          06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
          Surveillance...
          Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
          6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Thanks, guys. Got results yesterday, all clear, but now I found that small neck lump I found five months ago got a lot bigger, so US of neck is next...hate this.
            45yo, left I/O 07/30/2018, T1 pure seminoma, surveillance...
            Waiting...

Comment

Working...
            X