X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCG 5 years after

So, my story is simple - diagnosed with seminoma august 2015, chemotherapy (BEPx4) until April 2016.
    All markers always negative.ana
    Today, I was having what I thought would be my last oncology appointment and my HCG was a bit high - 2,2 when it should be 2,0.` Will repeat blood in 3 weeks and hopefully the value will be lower. Should I be worried? Did this ever happened to anyone? I am a bit scared

Here's what the Testicular Cancer Resource Center has to say about hCG:
    Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG), beta subunit - In adults, significant elevation of levels of beta HCG occurs only during pregnancy and in patients with trophoblastic neoplasms or nonseminomatous germ cell tumors. As a result, it is used as a tumor marker. Essentially, 100 per cent of patients with trophoblastic tumors and 40-60 per cent of patients with nonseminomatous germ cell tumors, including all patients with choriocarcinoma, 80% of patients with embryonal carcinoma, and 10-25% of patients with pure seminoma are diagnosed with elevated levels of beta HCG. The serum half life of beta hCG is 24 to 36 hours, which implies that elevated concentrations should return to normal within 5 to 7.5 days after surgery if all tumor is removed. Please note that the normal HCG level is usually less than 5 miu/ml. Also note that the HCG level can become elevated (falsely positive) due to abnormally low levels of testosterone or because of marijuana use.
    According to that, your level isn't even elevated, certainly not to a level that would be concerning.
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

According to their values, it should be up to 2.0.
      My oncologist says not to worry - but well. It is always easier said than done. :/
      Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X