Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoesMum
    started a topic Heart racing after bleomycin

Heart racing after bleomycin

Hi guys anyone had heart racing after bleomycin? Apparently a known side effect as we have learnt today...

• JoesMum
    replied
    Thank you all for your responses. Hi Matt, did they give you the meds to bring the pulse rate down? Hi Mike, now that I think about it there was one extra fluid, not a lot, as both bleo and the fluid were done in half an hour. The blood pressure was OK before the chemo. We didn't take the blood pressure at home afterwards when the heart rate went up. I think the pulse was over a 100... Hi Dave, not sure if they are giving Joe steroids, I will ask. Hi Rudachenko, it helps to know that other people also experienced it.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    How was his blood pressure and did they need to give him any extra IV fluids on the bleomycin day? If your blood pressure is low the heart rate will elevate to compensate for it. Just another thought to add.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Davepet
    replied
    My heart would race periodically throughout chemo, I was told it was the steroids they give to control nausea.

Leave a comment:

• Rudachenko
    replied
    Huh only after first cycle I had abnormal blood pressure 150/110,120 pulse.My normal is 90/50,60 pulse.

Leave a comment:

• JeskiM69
    replied
    I had elevated pulse rate all through chemo. I was always near the upper bounds where they would deny treatment....but I never crossed it. I can't remember if the upper bound rate was 90 it 100 beats/minute.

It's common to experience this. Just need to stay on top of it like everything else.

- Matt

Leave a comment:

Working...
X