Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Violet my husband had a great appetite after his surgery as well.. and he lost a total of 11 or 12 lbs after his i/o... after major surgeries you almost always loose weight, i had heart surgery and lost about 10lbs, ive heard the body working harder to heal it uses more calories up or something like that. I hope you guys hear nothing but good news at your next appt
    Crystal wife to Jonny (30) diagnosed

1/28/2015: got sick after dirt bike riding, right testicle swelling
    5/2015: saw a dr who said it was torsion but since the swelling "went down" we shouldn't worry
    02/2017: swelling increased tremendously no longer "went down"
    07/24/2017: had realistic dream telling him it was cancer, went to ER, was told it was never torsion and the tumor was cancer
    Afp: 4759
    Hcg: <1
    Ldh: 258
    07/28/2017: right orchiectomy ct scans all clear
    08/04/2017: nonseminoma stage 1 no invasion 40% ec 60% yolk
    08/28/2017: pet-ct and brain ct due to headaches
    Afp: 11.8
    Hcg: <2
    Ldh: 138
    09/06/2017: pet and brain clear
    09/18/2017 afp down to 2.9! Stage 1a
    10/02/2017 1xbep starts

Comment

Worried Wife,

Say hello to your husband. I also blame myself for waiting too long, i don't even remember how many months it was ( I had a cyst previously at the same place so I convinced myself it was the cyst coming back... ...). I would never be so stupid again, my tc was also quite aggressive even though the primary tumor was only 2.5 cm (and a met 6CM). The size of the tumor is not a good indicator really.

I had 4*BEP and and an RPLND. Maybe he will not need chemo at all, who knows.

I am cancerfree for almost 16 months.

Comment

Sanis im glad youre ok now and im hoping my husband will be too. We have appointment tomorrow for results and we are so anxious and nervous. We are so scared since he waited long. Thank you for your words.

Comment

hi Violet,

I am sure you will be calmer after the appointment, even if there is a met somewhere. I remember this period. The worst one..

Comment

Sanis i forgot to ask you...where did you have your met?

Comment

Retrop. lymph met - that is the most likely met location for everybody - this is where the testicles came down from.
              But i hope you get better news tomorrow. Pls keep us posted.

Comment

Can i tell you a weird story ? It will make you calmer...

In my country there was a famous case: a 50 yr old man waited 3 years until the testicular tumor became as big as a baby head; he could not move properly, it was bizarre. He could not breath well due to lung mets either. He had non-seminoma....

4 months of chemo ... and he was cured.. that was 7 yrs ago, he is still fine.

so the time period wasted is also just one of the many factors... dont focus on that one too much.

Comment

Hi Violet!
                  Good luck on your big day tomorrow, I hope everything turns out well for you.
                  Painless lump 5/18/2017
                  Orchidectomy June 2017 (4.5cm, rete testis involvement)
                  Chemo Summer 2017 (2x7AUC carboplatin)
                  No evidence of relapse since, but plenty of anxiety about it.

I'm also an epidemiologist, and a professor at a medical school (with NO training in oncology), oh, and gay, too.

Comment

Wow Sanis!! That an amazing story!! I just hope we get good news because it doesnt help that ive been using google to find information, everything i read is scary and makes me loose hope, but thank you for your words

Comment

UPDATE: husbands pathology results:
                      Left I/O, tumor measures 5.5 cm
                      Pure Classic Seminoma
                      Angiolymphatic invasion not identified
                      Involvement of spermatic cord or tunica vaginalis
                      Not identified
                      Intratubular germ cell neoplasia not identified
                      Spermatic cord resection margin not involved
                      Additional findings: Atrophy and fibrosis of testicular
                      Parenchyma
                      Pathologic staging: pt1, pNX
                      Tumor markers all normal
                      So far everything looks good but we still need ct scan and visit oncologist to make sure it didnt spread

Comment

So far so good indeed and the CT scan will really be the next most key piece of information. Keep us posted.

Mike
                        Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
                        06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
                        06.26.06 Left I/O
                        06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
                        06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
                        Surveillance...
                        Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
                        6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

What does it mean when they say “not identified “ in a pathology report? Im a little worried 😧

Comment

It's medical speak for "they didn't find anything wrong"
                            Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                            Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Ok thank you Dave!!

Comment

I have a question..... can a pure seminoma pt1 tumor still spread? Im very concerned now because my husband has been loosing weight these days. Hes feeling very fatigued. His ct scan is March 9 and im not sure if we should wait anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X