Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah i was just a little concerned 😟 and since hes going for surveillance that makes me more nervous. He just doesnt want chemo unless he needs it. So lets hope for the best.

Comment

The thing with surveillance, and I do not know personally, but from reading here and on FB groups is IF there is spread of the cancer than chemo in so many cases treats it.
      Son Grant
      dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
      Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
      2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
      Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Originally posted by Violet0729 View Post
        guys I also have his tumor markers pre op and post op. His labs were done in two different places.Not sure if we should be worried that AFP levels slightly went up.

PRE OP
        HCG <2.39 0-4.83 mIU/mL
        AFP 1.85 0.00-7.51 NG/ML

POST OP
        HCG <2 <5 mIU/mL
        AFP 2.1 <6.1 ng/ml
        LD 148 100-220 U/L
        You can't even say they went up since it was two different labs, and that amount is too small to be concerning even if it was the same lab. Tumor markers are not that sensitive of a test.

Dave
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

My husband decided to go for surveillance. Bloodwork and Ct Scan in 3 months. Hopefully everything will be ok

Comment

Hi guys! Its been almost 3 months since my last post. Just updating about my husband, his ct scan was clear and bloodwork was normal!! So far so good 😊 in another 3 months another ct scan n bloodwork so hopefully it stays clear.

Comment

Congrats! The odds improve with every clear scan.

Dave

Comment

The BEST news!!! so glad all is all clear!
                Son Grant
                dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
                Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
                2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
                Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Hi guys, I haven’t posted in a while but my husband has been going through surveillance after being diagnosed with seminona stage 1A back in February 2018. Is testicular cancer predictable as the way it spreads? So far his ct scans and bloodwork has been clear, but he has a nagging cough that has been there on and off for months but the oncologist keeps telling him his lungs are clear since ct scans show clear lung bases. He had chest x-ray done as part of surveillance and bloodwork too but we get results tomorrow. I was able to see bloodwork results ahead of time and saw that his tumor markers are normal. I guess we are nervous and a little scared of what results might be tomorrow. That’s why I was asking if this cancer is predictable.

Comment

hi Violet, yes, it is predictable and Seminoma especially. On and off cough is not a typical symptom in my view.

Comment

Predictable for the most part, but never 100%. Cough is not likely related, more likely some other problem.While many of us think every glitch is related to TC, it really is rare. The surveillance protocols are very effective at picking up relapses, trust in them.

Dave

Comment

Thank you guys and his chest X-ray came back clear! He goes back in 3 months for another ct scan and bloodwork. Still coughing but oncologist said it might be allergies, asthma or acid reflux. He has to get that checked out with his GP.

Comment

Working...
                        X